uniqs
share rss forum feed

joel321

join:2013-04-13
USA

1 edit

1 recommendation

Hot glue gun evolution

I stumbled upon this guy tackling something that frustrates me...lol...will he succeed?

The hot glue gun is pretty useful for any hobbyist and it's very slow in the “evolution” process.

Here I used it to make a micro lens...(one of my many anonymous post here)

»macro leans on the cheap

I'm excited a little to see what this guy comes up with lol

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H8ZgrOa ··· ZgrOaxRc

tschmidt
Premium,MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
kudos:9
Reviews:
·FirstLight Fiber
·Hollis Hosting
·G4 Communications

1 edit
I hadn't seen that show before - pretty cool. He has a great on screen persona.

I'll live with my standard glue gun. I am looking for a winter project but that is a little too mechanical for my ability.

They are running a Christmas duct tape contest if anyone has come up with cool uses of our old friend - duct tape.

»www.element14.com/community/vide ··· hallenge

/tom

SparkChaser
Premium
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 recommendation

reply to joel321
Interesting. The video in the link didn't work so I didn't see that one.

One of the words of wisdom was at the end. "Test your theories out first before you get too far" Geez, haven't I seen that not put into practice

joel321

join:2013-04-13
USA
reply to joel321
just saw part two

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VIeafYo ··· eafYoWqA

would not mind paying 100 bucks for that.

But I have a feeling that's the end of the evolution of the hot glue gun...untill someone else comes along and says....no I need more trigger precision or better ergonomics...but I am “oohh and ahh” by the end results...:)

TheMG
Premium
join:2007-09-04
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·NorthWest Tel
One further improvement that could have been done would be to ditch the original heating element in favor of a heating element of higher wattage, with a PID temperature control loop, thus allowing the glue gun to come up to operating temperature faster, and more easily keep up with prolong extrusion of large amounts of glue. Same technique used in any decent soldering iron.