spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ladyparts

@comcast.net

Is the turing test broken for line quality test users who are unpingable?

When I try to use the line quality test, I'm asked to prove I'm human by answering "What day comes after [monday/tuesday/wednesday/...]. When I answer incorrectly (or if I forget to use all lower case), then I get a message telling me I failed the test -- obviously and good. But if I answer correctly, I'm instead shown a page that tells me this:

Warning: [my ip address] is not pingable from www.dslreports.com with 1024 byte packets. If you go ahead, the test will merely show traceroute information.

And that's fine because I want to use the "Test anyway (limited use)" button right underneath that message. But when I click that button, I'm taken to another error message about failing the test "Turing tested you were found wanting"

Is there supposed to be a second turing test on the unpingable-warning page? I don't see a place to answer a second question, and this problem still happens when I answer the first test question correctly. Is there a way to manually enter a guess using some "&variable=value" at the end of the url?

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
join:1999-05-28
kudos:15
Yes it probably the extra step is breaking the other step. If you register then the question doesn't appear and it'll all work ok.