share rss forum feed

Hazy Arc

join:2006-04-10
Greenwood, SC
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
·Embarq Now Centu..

No Worries - I'll Just Vote With My Wallet

Oh - that's right. Centurylink is the only provider for my neighborhood. Guess I better bring the lube and take it like a man.

There's no need for Centurylink to sugarcoat the increase - most of their customer base is in the same boat I am. Take the increase, or go back to dial up - those are our choices.

ArizonaSteve

join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·CenturyLink
Didn't they just add an additional charge of $1 for something too? Either way it's still quite a good deal though considering the only other options in most areas (besides dial up) are getting ISDN or a T1 and they are quite expensive. Last time I checked a T1 costs over $200 a month and it's much slower than DSL.

telcodad
Premium
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ
kudos:15
reply to Hazy Arc
Just saw this article on the PCWorld site today about WISPs:

Meet WISP, the wireless future of Internet service
By Eric Geier, PCWorld - December 2, 2013
»www.pcworld.com/article/2067283/···ce.html?

Unfortunately, when I put in "Greenwood, SC" in the search for a WISP that might serve your area, the closest ones shown on the WirelessMapping.com site were out of range for you (though the map says it was last updated almost 3 years ago).

bn1221

join:2009-04-29
Cortland, NY
Reviews:
·TowerStream
reply to Hazy Arc
I am considering paying the Comcast install fees to get rid of my DSL on my office. Comcast can get me 4 phone lines and TV and 75MBit internet for about what I pay for the modem lease and 10mbit (scoff)DSL line. I have never been able to get 10 mbit DSL and I have to power cycle it all the time