how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

buzz_4_20

join:2003-09-20
Limestone, ME

I Still Want To Know

How me not seeing a commercial is a loss of money, ESP since 99% of the time I don't buy those products?

If I being a male don't see a tampon commercial it's still a loss?
This makes no sense to me.

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5

1 recommendation

That's why they need to do dynamic commercial insertion based on your viewing habits and the profile they develop of you. Next they'll want you to identify yourself before you watch a TV show so they can target you correctly...
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

buzz_4_20

join:2003-09-20
Limestone, ME
Reviews:
·ObiVoice
·Pioneer Wireless

1 recommendation

So eventually, will they:
A. Force me to stop watching TV since I don't buy their crap?
B. Discontinue my service for being a "bad" consumer?

Seriously... I pay a premium to not see ads I pay in 2 ways. I pay for amazon prime and other services that don't have ads. the other way I pay is by waiting until shows I want to see are available on those services?

scott2020

join:2008-07-20
MO
reply to buzz_4_20
Soon they won't let you get up to take a leak or get something to eat as to not miss the commercials.
--
+++ATH0

devolved

join:2012-07-11
Rapid City, SD
reply to HeadSpinning
Even if Hulu asks me if the ad I am watching is relevant to me, I click "No" every time.

ADdec213

@204.108.96.x
reply to buzz_4_20
you need to go to the nearest doc to have a sex change operation, everyone wins

dfxmatt

join:2007-08-21
Evanston, IL

2 recommendations

reply to buzz_4_20
Just download your shows from torrent websites. You get better quality, no commercials, subtitles and don't spend an extra 10 minutes being force-fed things you don't want to buy. 3 shows in an hour or 2 with 20 minutes of ads? You decide.

WyldeStile

join:2004-07-10
Salisbury, NC
reply to devolved
said by devolved:

Even if Hulu asks me if the ad I am watching is relevant to me, I click "No" every time.

I don't click so they are even more clueless about me.

JimMcCoy

join:2011-08-20
Jacksonville, NC
reply to buzz_4_20
Because the business model was designed to operate with two sources of revenue.

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to scott2020
They are setting up a new revenue model. Their plan is always about how to bend you over for more money.

What is coming is the "premium feature" to skip commercials. If you FF or skip commercials, you will have to pay a "premium" to "compensate" their business for the "ad revenue you stole from them."

If you laugh, just you wait.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini