My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium
join:2000-05-14
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Suddenlink

Cursor disappearing - FF v25.0.1

Whether full-screen or smaller, about 1 second after the mouse cursor stops, it disappears. It sometimes blinks a time or two first and if I type text into a textbox it re-appears until I stop typing. It doesn't matter if it's hovering over a link or not.

I don't have "hide the cursor" set in Control Panel, and can't find any setting in TMP or Options.

This just started recently.
--
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him. - Robert A. Heinlein

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4
Have you done all the usual troubleshooting? Start FF without add-ons enabled, etc?
--
♬ Dragon of good fortune struggles with the trickster Fox ♬

therube

join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL

1 recommendation

reply to DataDoc
It could be related to Flash.

Bug 243718 - cursor disappears when visiting site with Flash animated cursor

The kongregate.com link in the bug will cause it to manifest itself.

DataDoc
Premium
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Suddenlink
reply to darcilicious
said by darcilicious:

Have you done all the usual troubleshooting? Start FF without add-ons enabled, etc?

Yep, no joy. It may have been going on for a while and I just didn't notice, due to how I was using FF.

I just closed all other tabs except this one and the disappearing stopped. Maybe it is Flash related.
--
There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does not want merely because you think it would be good for him. - Robert A. Heinlein

redwolfe_98
Premium
join:2001-06-11
kudos:1
reply to DataDoc
i know this is basic, but check the settings for your mouse, in "control panel"..

DataDoc
Premium
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Suddenlink
said by redwolfe_98:

i know this is basic, but check the settings for your mouse, in "control panel"..

Did that, didn't stop it.