uniqs
share rss forum feed

SlowFITL

join:2012-02-01
Mobile, AL
Reviews:
·AT&T Southeast

Why?

Why is AT&T and other telco providers increasing the price on something that is becoming increasingly outdated. It's like another company increasing the price on dial up. If you're too cheap to upgrade your network you definitely shouldn't be raising rates.

carpetshark3
Premium
join:2004-02-12
Idledale, CO
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
Some of us don't need cable. I don't feel like being pestered to change my cell only service, since I don't want a landline and CL partners with Verizon whom I dislike. I don't want the usual crap on cable. I don't do movies, they bore me. I prefer to read. I want sports only for background noise. I have paints, camera, crafting tools, I don't need to be entertained.

Dezbend
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-20
reply to SlowFITL
I think the answer to the why, is to try to protect the landline revenue.

The price increase only effected the stand alone internet, and CenturyLink's 5-year price lock (phone+internet) now comes in lower than just internet (sort of).

I say sort of because after the surcharges the phone + internet is a little higher than just internet, but the advertised price is lower.

"oh, you don't want to pay $61.95 for your internet alone? How about $59.95 for phone and internet with a 5-year price lock? sounds great doesn't it!"
--
DSLr Mafia Member

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2002-12-03
United State
Where I live the price lock is ten dollars higher. Why? Because I live 50 miles from nowhere and it is delivered over copper.
--
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside

GetMoney

join:2010-06-11
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to SlowFITL
Seriously??? Why do any companies increase prices. EXPENSES AND INFLATION.... that make enough sense to you? So you expect ISPs to lower prices on a regular basis. How are they supposed to stay in business. Last I checked the main point of a business is to make money. CTL is making even more now.