All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Mike Harris
join:2013-09-06
Toronto, ON

Mike Harris

[Homephone] Slammed down the phone on Bell today!

Felt great! I am so happy I am away from those clowns and their rip-off home phone. Note to Bell: Having some MORON (where it is apparent English is their 28th language) call me and tell me how appreciated I was as a customer is moronic. I left because you're a flaming rip-off. Get over it. Trying to entice me back by offering incomprehensible deals won't work.

Bell is pathologically unable to offer a straight deal. Everything is advertised "In a Bundle". Try and find the rate for L/D NOT in a bundle. Try. You can't. They ALWAYS hide below the line items like the famous $6.95 network charge that no other carrier charges you.

After being a Bell customer since 1983 I will NEVER go back. Thirty year customer gone Bell because you got stupid and greedy.

Jackorama
I Am Woman
Premium Member
join:2008-05-23
Kingston, ON

Jackorama

Premium Member

If you don't want Bell to call, then call up and tell them you want to be put on their "Do Not Call" list (not to be confused with the National DNCL). You will have to call back in 3 years to do it again if you don't want to receive calls from Bell.

I know it works because I became Bell free in July and no one from Bell has called me to say how appreciated I was as a Bell customer. Maybe, I was never was appreciated in the first place.
HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet
join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON

HeadSpinning

They don't appreciate YOU, they appreciate your money.
Curmudgeon
join:2012-04-09

Curmudgeon to Mike Harris

to Mike Harris
said by Mike Harris:

Try and find the rate for L/D NOT in a bundle. Try. You can't.

»www.bell.ca/Home_phone/L ··· ce_rates
cataplexy
join:2013-01-27
Quebec, QC

cataplexy

If you don't make any long distance calls, do you still get charged the 6.95 network charge?

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido

Who cares ... It is an absurd fee for an absurd rate!

Jackorama
I Am Woman
Premium Member
join:2008-05-23
Kingston, ON

Jackorama to cataplexy

Premium Member

to cataplexy
said by cataplexy:

If you don't make any long distance calls, do you still get charged the 6.95 network charge?

If you are on a long distance plan with Bell you will be charged even if you make no long distance calls.

When I was with Bell, I told them I didn't want a long distance plan and that I wanted "Station to Station" long distance, which is long distance price on the distance and time or known in the old days as reg. long distance. Oh, it does have a onetime network fee of,I think, $2.75 per month. But, there is a way to avoid that charge.

To avoid that charge, I then used 10-10-YAK then 1 + area code + number. You are charged .05 a min. anywhere in Canada and no network charge of any kind from Bell, plus it's billed on your Bell (or whatever carrier you use) bill. If you hardly do any long distance calls, .05 a min. is not bad. I still use it today as I make very few to no long distance some months. »www.yak.ca/long-distance ··· 0-10-yak
Mike Harris
Toronto, ON

Mike Harris to Curmudgeon

to Curmudgeon
That's their non-plan rates. Try and find the monthly cost, all in, on one of their plans OUTSIDE of a bundle.

You can't.
Curmudgeon
join:2012-04-09

Curmudgeon

said by Mike Harris:

You can't.

Yes you can. From the link above, go to long distance plans, click on "Learn more" for the plan you want, then "pricing details". For example, Unlimited Provincial is $25.90 ($18.95 + $6.95 network fee) outside of a bundle. Clearly a rip-off, but not difficult to find.

En Enfer
This account has been compromised
join:2003-07-25
Montreal, QC

En Enfer to Curmudgeon

to Curmudgeon
Saint-ciboire de calvaire !!!

10 years ago as a Bell subscriber who got his Simplitel LD plan changed and overcharged, it was costing me 43 cents per minute to call my parents living more than 81 miles (130 km) away during off-peak hours. LD competition was already there... but c'mon, it's now 58 cents per minute now ? Are you f******* kidding me ?

I moved to VoIP.ms since the last 2 years. Calling my parents is now toll-free as they have an ATA on their end. Calling my neighbor or calling Vancouver is the same 1/2 a cent per minute, and no ridiculous 7$/month network fee.

Looks like staying a valuable customer of Bell is a ripoff.
Mike Harris
Toronto, ON

Mike Harris to Curmudgeon

to Curmudgeon
Bell

Bell.ca - Province

Important notice:
The page you're trying to visit contains information about a product or service that is not available in your province.

We think you are visiting from:
Ontario

If this is accurate, please visit the bell.ca homepage to see products and services available to you.

If we are wrong, please select your province below:
Province... Alberta British Columbia Manitoba New Brunswick Newfoundland and Labrador Northwest Territories Nova Scotia Nunavut Ontario Prince Edward Island Quebec Saskatchewan Yukon

That's me trying to find an unlimited Canada/US plan from Ontario. I guess that's just too much to ask for from Bell.
taraf
join:2011-05-07
Ottawa, ON

taraf

Did you try clicking on OK to confirm that you're in Ontario?

I guess that's just too much for Bell to ask from you....

When I clicked to confirm I was in Ontario, I was presented with the price $10/mo for the unlimited Canada/US combo in a Bell bundle. It's worth mentioning that home phone service counts towards the calculation of whether you're in a bundle....
Mike Harris
Toronto, ON

Mike Harris

Yes I did, smartass. That's what their website gave me when I CONFIRMED. And IF you bothered to actually read the thread it is about the fact that you can't get a straight answer from Bell and they instead try to push bundles. But what do I care? I am not a customer of Bell for anything and I am loving it.

P Lo
@206.47.249.x

P Lo

Anon

i got the $10 canada us long distance NOT IN A BUNDLE. I CAN REMOVE IT ANY TIME. NOT SURE WHY U GUYS HAVE ISSUES?

FunDay
@rogers.com

1 edit

FunDay

Anon

There is no way Bell would give you this plan outside of a bundle. You have to have pre-existing services with them. Even then it's no deal. You will still have to pay the $6.95 network fee which is MANDATORY with ALL Bell long distance plans. It used to be if you screamed loud enough they would drop it, but too many people were doing it and they stopped giving that break. So, a $17 unlimited L/D plan for North America. Congratulations. You once again managed to find the most expensive L/D plan offered by a carrier.

Welcome to Bell.
Bienvenue à Bell.

{moderated}

AppleGuy
Premium Member
join:2013-09-08
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy to P Lo

Premium Member

to P Lo
No..it's bundled.
quote:

$10.00 /mo. 1
In a TV, Internet and
Home phone bundle or
select Home phone packages.
All monthly fees included.Available to customers who continuously subscribe to three select services;
see bell.ca/bundledetailsor to the Choice or Complete Home phone package. Applies to direct-dialed outbound calls to Canada and the U.S. (including Alaska and Hawaii, but excluding other U.S. territories), excluding toll-free calls. Calls to certain conference or adult services or to high-cost areas may be restricted, and subject to other use restrictions in Terms of Service; see bell.ca/UTOS.

voip.ms is still an answer.
vintagewino
join:2003-07-22
Grimsby, ON

vintagewino to En Enfer

to En Enfer
said by En Enfer:

Looks like staying a valuable customer of Bell is a ripoff.

No kidding!! I looked at the charges list and fell off my chair. They are totally out of touch with reality.

I use the prepaid LD phone cards. 4 cents/minute North America; International prepaid LD phone card is less than 4cents/minute to Europe. Oh ... and no "network charge".

And then there's voip.ms, and the other offerings.....

Nice way to FORCE you into a bundle, even though their bundles suck.

modemport
join:2013-08-26
Montreal, QC

modemport

I use a gmail.com account's phone service for long distance calls. Within North America it's free. The rare time I call overseas, gmail charges 3c/minute.

Inadvertently a few years back I used my landline. Bell charged me 1$/minute because I don't have a longdistance package. I called to dispute the cost and in an oh-so-reasonable voice, the rep explained why this was a perfectly normal cost.

33x the cost per minute of gmail.

I never made that mistake again.

2 years ago my landline cost without services ran 25.84$ total; this month it costs 35.30$.

Price gouging is the norm for Bhell.
vintagewino
join:2003-07-22
Grimsby, ON

vintagewino

said by modemport:

The rare time I call overseas, gmail charges 3c/minute. ...
33x the cost per minute of gmail. ...
Price gouging is the norm for Bhell.

The good thing about the prepaid LD cards is you can use any phone, and I'm not tied to a computer.

As I call a certain European land line quite frequently, now, Bhell would charge $3.51/minute. The international prepaid LD card I use is 3.7 cents/minute. Bhell's almost 95x the price of the ILDC. If I recharge the card at certain times, it turns into the equivalent of 3.4 cents/minute That would make Bhell over 103x the price of the ILDC. (Naturally, to all monetary values given, add taxes.)

And yes, we can Skype, and that reduces the charge to almost 0 cents/minute.

When a loved one was in hospital in 2010, she had to use a collect call to call me. Something like $6 for the first minute, and the hospital was less than 38km away. That happened only ONCE. So, we used a system where she would call collect, I would refuse the call, hang up, then immediately call her back. MagicJack solved that problem quite nicely, and Bhell made no money on it at all.

Interesting part was when I was looking over the page, a window popped up, saying "can I help you?". Ummm .... nope!!