spc
uniqs

suexec
join:2003-09-27
Vancouver, BC

suexec to poor you

to poor you

Re: [BC] Shaw screwing me over

TPIA...that's a new term for me, but your summary is pretty accurate.

Regarding #8, I call the TPIA provider and they opened a ticket with Shaw. Shaw apparently got back to them today as the TPIA provider's support called me this morning to let me know they still don't have a date, but that at Shaw, there is an internal escalation and will get back to my TPIA provider's support.
suexec

suexec

Except given this unprofessional and childish treatment by Shaw, I will likely never go back to Shaw

poor you
@videotron.ca

poor you to suexec

Anon

to suexec
said by suexec:

TPIA...that's a new term for me, but your summary is pretty accurate.

TPIA provider = Thrid Party Internet Access provider.
Another way of saying, "another cable internet provider which is reusing Shaw's cable infrastructure". Or, the Shaw internet Wholesaler.
said by suexec:

Regarding #8, I call the TPIA provider and they opened a ticket with Shaw. Shaw apparently got back to them today as the TPIA provider's support called me this morning to let me know they still don't have a date, but that at Shaw, there is an internal escalation and will get back to my TPIA provider's support.

So now we can add another stop to the above,between step 8 and 9. I'll start from scratch. so we can all follow the bouncing ball.

1. You kept an overlap of service to prevent just this scenario. Meanwhile you were paying both providers.

2. Your new service was up and running. Perfect!

3. Shaw drops by and disconnects you and you have been w/o service since Tuesday, November 26.

4. No one bothers to check if you're a TPIA provider.

5. Upon the tech visit to disconnect you (a month later) that still wasn't enough time for someone to bother tagging your line that it was TPIA, but they sure have the time and a process in place to disconnect you

6. Your TPIA provider gave you a time window and day as to when Shaw is scheduled to show up at your place, tag your connection, and get you up and running.

7. But, Sunday came and went. No one bothering showing up.

8. You open a ticket for another day, but you can't get a rescheduled date! Why is that? I'm curious. (Answered above already)

9. You call Shaw because this is a "wtf" situation. Shaw ignores you. Tells you to go complain to someone else, it's not their problem.

10. But Shaw, in their ever-caring kindness, offer you an install the next day (maybe even same day). All you have to do is sign back up with Shaw. How kind and generous of them to treat you like a royal customer with red carpet treatment. That is great treatment.
---
New and Improved with 20% more BS:

8b. Before Shaw graciously went out of their way to treat you like special royalty if, and only if, you went back to them, and offered to hook you up the next day (or even the same day) which you refused, they called your TPIA provider to tell them they have no clue when they can reconnect you. It's up in the air. No one really knows. It's just one of those things where no one can service you at the moment. It's in escalations, because your treatment is very important to them. So now you have to wait around w/o any service and be frustrated at your TPIA provider hoping that someone will call you back one day. This may even leave you wondering why a TPIA provider can't give you special service like what Shaw just graciously offered you. Why can't this Third Party Internet Provider provide a quality service like Shaw just offered you today? Why? WHY!

Did I summarize this correctly?