Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-03
Richmond, VA
kudos:2
reply to elray

Re: Not buried

said by elray:

These charges are explicit.

You sure about that? Ever try getting an answer as to what those fees might be before you sign up for something? I'm in the middle of that right now and I can't get a straight answer. It is exactly as Karl states. These fees are used to mask price increases in the advertised rates. They are as hidden as they could be up until the point you get your first bill.

elray

join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·EarthLink
The charges are on the bill, in writing, assuming you aren't so quick to point-and-click your way to the convenience of automated bill payments so you can act outraged later at what you didn't read. That's explicit and irrefutable.

When I deal with actual cable/telco/utility order processing, I have little trouble getting a pretty precise number from them, and I write down all of the details at the time of the call, and read it back to them for accuracy. Occasionally, especially with telco, I have to fight them the following month(s) to get it applied properly, but for the most part, even with business accounts, cable options have made much of that problem go away.