Saint Louis, MO
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Charter
·Vonage

2 edits

8 recommendations

[Serious] Sad news... Update...

My cousin, Joe Pfeffer, posted this on Facebook today.

Tui was an amazing person, and a lifelong lover of horses, dogs, and cats, sometimes to the exclusion of anyone or anything else. She was an avid horsewoman her whole life, and owned a number of talented and winning horses over the years. She was infamous for owning both Sea Beauty and Miss Caprice, two of the greatest show mares to ever grace the American Saddlebred show ring. Sea Beauty retired undefeated, Caprice was right in there with her, and I had the pleasure of caring for them during their breeding careers and into their old age, until their deaths.

My Aunt has been in specialized care for a number of years now, due to severe dementia. She was 101 years old when she died today. And for her sake, I am relieved that it is all over for her now. I have no doubt that she's in Horse Heaven, along with all of her horsey friends, and especially with her horses: Sea Beauty, Miss Caprice, Jamie Lee, Jolie, and a host of other horses over the years. Her Black Labradors, specially Buddy, will also be there, along with her very special little Terrier mix, Jingle, and her little Beagles, Angel and Pie. (I took care of Pie for the greater part of her life, after a severe back injury.)

My Aunt leaves behind her son Joe, her daughter Margaret, four grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and a host of friends who have posted on Facebook tonite. She was responsible for me having horses for many years, even though I chose to have Warmbloods for my horses. And for that, I'm very grateful.

Rest in Peace, Tui. You will be missed.
--

"...If the beasts were gone, we would die from a great loneliness of spirit." - Chief Seattle

dandelion
Premium,MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN
kudos:5

1 recommendation

Re: [Serious] Sad news...

May she RIP, condolences to family and friends...she sounds like a wonderful person.

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing

1 recommendation

reply to jopfef
Requiescat in pace.

usa2k
Blessed
Premium,MVM
join:2003-01-26
moving soon
kudos:3

1 recommendation

reply to jopfef
Rest in peace. 101 is amazing.

Santa Fe
Living With Diabetes.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

1 recommendation

reply to jopfef
So sorry to hear this.

rusdi
American V
Premium,MVM
join:2001-04-28
Flippin, AR
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to jopfef
My sincere condolences, Jo.

parkut
Crunch Addict
Premium,MVM
join:2001-12-15
Harrison Township, MI
kudos:7

1 recommendation

reply to jopfef
Sincere condolences to the family.

onDvine
Don't Litter. Spay-Neuter.
Premium
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA
kudos:10

1 recommendation

reply to jopfef
Please accept my condolences, Jo.

sortofageek
Runs from Clowns
Premium,Mod
join:2001-08-19
kudos:24

1 recommendation

reply to jopfef
I do know you dearly loved your aunt, JoJo. I am saddened by your loss. Sending gentle hugs.
--
Join Team Helix

lonnyb
Blessed Beyond Belief
Premium
join:2004-01-25
San Antonio, TX

1 recommendation

reply to jopfef
You and the rest of her family have my prayers.
--
I know when to fold 'em *ALL THE TIME!*

TwoFrogs
Premium,MVM
join:2002-01-20
Downtown

1 recommendation

reply to jopfef
Very sorry for your loss, Jo. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

1 recommendation

reply to jopfef
Sorry to learn of this. My condolences.

suprleg
Abracadabra
Premium
join:2004-05-06
Cypress, CA
kudos:4

1 recommendation

reply to jopfef
My heart goes out to you and to all who were touched by knowing her.

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Premium,Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center

1 recommendation

reply to jopfef
Im sorry Jo. My best thoughts and wishes to you and yours!

santy
Don't Follow Me, I'M Lost Too
Premium,MVM
join:2001-06-10
Wilmington, IL

1 recommendation

reply to jopfef
You and your family/friends have my deepest sympathies and sincere condolences on her passing. Prayers going out to help all thru their grieving.
--
You don't quit playing 'cause you're OLD. You're old BECAUSE you quit playing!!

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

reply to jopfef
Condolences to all of you there. She was clearly an awesome soul. Some people just have an affinity with other life forms (animals), and you can't blame them for favoring animals over humans at some times!

I've never ridden a horse but I've always thought of them is a little bit like a big dog, with big hearts and interesting minds. She is now in the better place with them.

My brother's FIL had severe dementia, and he was also a very remarkable man, famous and brilliant. On two occasions I got to talk to him during a flash of lucidity and the things he said struck me very powerfully, and I bet your aunt was also like that, a very special person.

God bless.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

jopfef
Home of the BeaChi Boys
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
Saint Louis, MO
Reviews:
·Charter
·Vonage

6 recommendations

reply to jopfef

Re: [Serious] Sad news... Update...

Joe sent me this tonight!

This is Tui, riding Vanity's Sparkling Coin, back when she was in her 60's. Sparky was a tough horse to ride, but he loved my Aunt, even though he didn't like his trainer at the time. My Aunt always had top-notch horses, and she cleaned up at horse shows with her horses. Sparky was eventually sold as an equitation horse, and ended up becoming the top equitation horse in the country at that time. He was a big, blocky guy, but he had a nifty attitude, and was one of my favorite horses when my Aunt was showing. I never had any trouble handling him on the ground; he was just a big, cool dude.

Ahhh, such great memories...!
--

"...If the beasts were gone, we would die from a great loneliness of spirit." - Chief Seattle