Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2002-12-03
United State
Reviews:
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink

My solution

My cure for the outrageous fees and lousy service was to get a phone and uncapped Internet from telco, and entertainment from DISH. I pay less than $125 with no hidden fees. If I wanted to drop to the basic tier I could reduce my total bill $20+ tax.
--
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside

tc1uscg

join:2005-03-09
Saint Clair Shores, MI

Yeah, no hidden fee's from Dish. When I signedup 2 years ago, NO WHERE did it say I had to PAY to send back my boxes when I terminated services. However, they wanted to charge me a nice sum to send back 2 dvr's and 3 rcvr's and had X amount of days to send back the LNB. When I asked who do I send my LNB recover fee invoice, and explained I would hunt down a dish tech (truck) and hand over the rcvr's, I was told they would send me prepaid shipping boxes. But I never found where it said they would charge me to return the equipment.

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2002-12-03
United State
Reviews:
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink

This is an incident I never heard. If you terminate early, and if you are a renter what you state may be policy; I don't know. I was not a renter. When I moved I was instructed to take the receivers and remotes, and leave the dish in place. Three years later I still have unclaimed Direct TV receivers and remotes.

When I wrote "No hidden fees" I should have written, "no below the line hidden fees."
--
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside