dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
h8rogers
join:2009-11-04

h8rogers

[Wireless] Rogers wireless service SUCKS!

This is my signal level yesterday in 4g mode. I was not underground nor anywhere near huge metal structures. In the Markham and North York areas.

if you have an android phone you can see this by clicking on the graph in battery use options.

DS256
Premium Member
join:2003-10-25
Markham, ON

DS256

Premium Member

I'm in Markham near 16th & 48 and have only 2 bars on my iPhone standing by the window. I've actually missed calls sitting in my backyard.

Sigh
@rogers.com

Sigh

Anon

You could find a wireless carrier worse than Rogers. I don't know where though. . .
hosedagain3
join:2008-02-18
Canada

hosedagain3

ask the carriers to put a tower on every street corner, no missed calls they are not an eye sore and a health hazard, or in the house keep a land line.
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb to Sigh

to Sigh
said by Sigh :

You could find a wireless carrier worse than Rogers. I don't know where though. . .

They all have faults... Not one is perfect in anyway.

Canada lacks competition, and as long as that is the case, there is no encouragement for BELL-Rogers and Telus to do anything.

Things to keep in mind..

Bell and Telus share Networks.

Bell owns Virgin Mobile, PC Mobile, and some other small brands.. all operated off the same network.

Telus owns Koodo, also operated off the Bell-Telus Network

Rogers owns Fido, Chatr that operate off the same ROGERS Network

Petro Canada Mobile, 7/11, primus etc. all use the Rogers Network

Your only true CHOICES for different networks that are truly their own is: (Roaming outside their own networks are provided by... you guessed it... ROGERS)

WIND
Mobilicity
And soon to be former PUBLIC Mobile. (as Telus is buying them to shut them down)

So the next time these big 3 try to say we have LOADS OF COMPETITION, unless you consider 3 major players, (2 of which share a network) true competition, accept it as true BS and demand better.

AppleGuy
Premium Member
join:2013-09-08
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy

Premium Member

WIND is fine if you can get it.
Rogers/Bell/Telus are simply taking care of the shareholders...profit. Nothing wrong with that. But they're ridiculously selfish.