DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to tubbynet

Premium Member

to tubbynet

Re: [Config] Performance due to VLAN, incomplete STP, or loop backs?

said by tubbynet:

you assume that you're not designing a wan architecture based on dmvpn-esque architecture.

well at the place I was at before they had a warehouse that was maybe 5-6 people but still spent the money (before me) for a fractional T1 MPLS

though they didn't have DHCP service, oh what a pain it was dealing with that site till I got my bearings (statics every enduser) did a simple ip helper on their router and bam DHCP.
DarkLogix

DarkLogix to tubbynet

Premium Member

to tubbynet
said by tubbynet:

said by DarkLogix:

I suggest hardware only because its the only way to achieve a real core with proper links.

better tell that to *every* service provider out there that has built out a *huge* metro access topology using fiber rings.

q.

Fiddi is different.

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

said by DarkLogix:

Fiddi is different.

swing and a miss.

this isn't fddi. sp's haven't used fddi in 10 years.
i'm talking about pure ethernet metro access. with things like cisco's rep using 1588 synch-e and mpls-te and frr -- i can achieve near sonet convergence time (i.e. a protect circuit is 50ms) over ethernet protocols. oh yeah -- and i'm doing it over rings.

q.

battleop
join:2005-09-28

battleop to tubbynet

to tubbynet
"so i must be smarter than anyone in the room"

I clean up a lot after "consultants" and "IT" guys because they were a little smarter than everyone else in the room.
battleop

battleop to aryoba

to aryoba
That's the problem with dealing with "Consultants" and not real engineers.