Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2002-12-03
United State
Reviews:
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink

Me too.

I've been a customer for a number of years because cable sucks. CL is very much like the old nursery rhyme. When it is good it is very, very good, but when it is bad it is horrid.

CL is a telephone company that does have oversight from your state public utility bureau/commission. The Internet does not have to work, but the phone does. The best of both worlds in my house is a whole house filter vs the splitter in each phone jack.

I use Mac. I had a lot of trouble with routers and CL in my house until I switched to a ASUS pc/Mac PnP router. It has been a long process to sort it out; I'm good to go.

CL doesn't have many outages where I live. What I learned about outages is it can be caused by squirrels, heavy snow, heavy rain, ice, floods, hurricanes, tornadoes, E-storms, too hot, too cold, and contractors who dig before they think. It's an expensive lesson. Anytime a telephone company experiences a system- wide outage it can take several days to locate and fix - especially when it is in a county of a 1000 square miles and not many people.

In time you will learn its quirks. It is not a bad company, but like others, it is only loved when it works as advertised. Where I live cable is a much bigger problem which is why I have Dish TV and CL.
--
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside