share rss forum feed

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Nsane_iceman

Re: [Config] Performance due to VLAN, incomplete STP, or loop backs?

that 3560E would be the minimum to fix the topo not overkill at all.

you'd have 24 SFP ports you have 7 switches if you do etherchannel as I said then that's 14 of 24 in use with only 10 left for expansion

just googled "cisco Meraki"
"Cisco Meraki is the leader in cloud controlled WiFi,"

only one thing to say oh crap I feel bad for you if you're going to have to use a cloud controlled network. (that just sounds like the worst idea ever)
--
semper idem
1KTzRMxN1a2ATrtAAvbmEnMBoY3E2kHtyv

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:9
said by DarkLogix:

only one thing to say oh crap I feel bad for you if you're going to have to use a cloud controlled network. (that just sounds like the worst idea ever)

It's actually not that bad... for remote locations that have no IT staff. The problem with Meraki is the extreme expense, and the never-ending support cost (read: yearly access fees to be able to use the very overpriced hardware.) But it is very nice looking hardware -- if Apple made network hardware, this would be it.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
Who cares what it looks like I want it to preform and if my internet link is down I still want to be able to manage it.
--
semper idem

cramer
Premium
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
kudos:9
Indeed. But for remote locations, if the internet is down, I cannot get there anyway.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by cramer:

Indeed. But for remote locations, if the internet is down, I cannot get there anyway.

That's when you use the intranet. or the backup intranet, or the serial port server that's connected to cell service.
--
semper idem

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
Premium,MVM
join:2008-01-16
Chandler, AZ
kudos:1
said by DarkLogix:

That's when you use the intranet. or the backup intranet

you assume that you're not designing a wan architecture based on dmvpn-esque architecture.

the target market for meraki is distributed enterprise (think of coffee shops or 1-5 person remote offices). in this space -- you're not going to pay for a private mpls circuit to this size of site -- you're going to use a cheaper internet circuit and provide a vpn overlay to access corporate resources.

its *always* easy to design the biggest and most redundant network available. the challenge is aligning technology to meet business requirements and goals, all while staying within budget.

pulling 'backup private wan' circuits out of your ass is not a cheap endeavour.

q.
--
"...if I in my north room dance naked, grotesquely before my mirror waving my shirt round my head and singing softly to myself..."

aryoba
Premium,MVM
join:2002-08-22
kudos:4
said by tubbynet:

said by DarkLogix:

That's when you use the intranet. or the backup intranet

you assume that you're not designing a wan architecture based on dmvpn-esque architecture.

the target market for meraki is distributed enterprise (think of coffee shops or 1-5 person remote offices). in this space -- you're not going to pay for a private mpls circuit to this size of site -- you're going to use a cheaper internet circuit and provide a vpn overlay to access corporate resources.

Unless you have "unlimited" budget

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
Premium,MVM
join:2008-01-16
Chandler, AZ
kudos:1
said by aryoba:

the proverbial unicorn for the sales team.

q.

aryoba
Premium,MVM
join:2002-08-22
kudos:4
said by tubbynet:

said by aryoba:

the proverbial unicorn for the sales team.

q.

Indeed. Unfortunately you have to have certain presence to meet the criteria

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to tubbynet
said by tubbynet:

well at the place I was at before they had a warehouse that was maybe 5-6 people but still spent the money (before me) for a fractional T1 MPLS

though they didn't have DHCP service, oh what a pain it was dealing with that site till I got my bearings (statics every enduser) did a simple ip helper on their router and bam DHCP.
--
semper idem