uniqs
Dodge
Premium Member
join:2002-11-27

Dodge to snakes

Premium Member

to snakes

Re: Code Enforcement problems

Even though "Property owners are not responsible for trimming street trees." seems to clear you, doesn't mean that there is no section 10 that nullifies section 9 partially or entirely.

Never read legal documents in parts. Additionally, it may not even be the last revision.

The way I see it (not legal advice in any way) you have a few options:
- send this to the city and ask them where does it say that you have to trim the trees
- get a lawyer to deal with the city
- trim the tree and leave it be

snakes
@sbcglobal.net

snakes

Anon

I only cited that way for purposes of this post. I've read all of the relevant chapters several times.

The problem we have with City Hall is they interpret the municipal code in whatever manner is most convenient to them. Calling them for an opinion is a futile endeavor. I think what's going on here is they don't want to spend the money to maintain the trees anymore, so they're hoping the homeowners along our street cave to their bullying.

We can't trim the trees from our side of the wall. There's no access to the street from our backyard. And since there's no sidewalk either, we would have to pay for traffic control and permits to close the slow lane of the street for safety purposes.

By the way, I think the street right of way line may be synonymous with our property line, which is where the block wall sits. Anybody know?