spc
Search similar:

uniqs

disconnected
@107.194.141.x

disconnected

Anon

Looking for Hard to Find Illuminated Rocker Switch 24W x 26H (mm) mounting

I'm doing some modifications to a customer's amplifier, which currently has a Carlin rocker switch, which is unusually wide. The mounting dimensions are 24mm W and 26mm H. The bezel or flange dimensions are 29mm W and 31mm H. As the front panel is 1/4 thick, and the switch opening is recessed (CNC) into the panel, the flange dimensions are pretty exact requirements.

The problem is not replacement with same. The challenge is finding an illuminated version of this size switch. It has 4.5mm tabs for connections and is rated 15A at 125V. But the customer wants an illuminated switch so he can tell at a glance if the amp is on or off.

I've spent an hour on Google and eBay and various electronics suppliers' sites and found some close, but not close enough to fit. Anyone know of a good supplier of a wide variety of rocker switches?

leibold
MVM
join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA
Netgear CG3000DCR
ZyXEL P-663HN-51

leibold

MVM

How translucent is the existing rocker switch ? In similar situations I have been able to mount the LED behind the switch and illuminate it through the existing plastic material (which looked opaque but turned out to be thin enough to let enough light through it).

disconnected
@108.244.237.x

disconnected

Anon

It's opaque black plastic. Besides, no way to open the switch casing without destroying it.

leibold
MVM
join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA

leibold

MVM

Based on the dimension it sounds as if it is a TG series switch. Why can't you use Carlin TLG series (side-by-side switch and indicator light) or LTG series (wide switch with indicator light inside rocker) switch which have the same dimensions ?

cowboyro
Premium Member
join:2000-10-11
CT

1 recommendation

cowboyro to disconnected

Premium Member

to disconnected
How about this?
»www.mouser.com/ds/2/65/C ··· 4771.pdf

disconnected
@108.244.237.x

disconnected

Anon

That's got a 22x30mm cutout requirement. I need a 24x26mm. Not much leeway for variance in dimension. Panel thickness being 1/4" adds another layer of challenge, as most switches aren't intended to snap into a panel this thick.
disconnected

disconnected to leibold

Anon

to leibold
said by leibold:

Based on the dimension it sounds as if it is a TG series switch. Why can't you use Carlin TLG series (side-by-side switch and indicator light) or LTG series (wide switch with indicator light inside rocker) switch which have the same dimensions ?

That COULD work.. it's within 1 mm of the dimensions I need. Even the flange dimensions look right enough. I've forwarded the PDF of the switch to the customer. If he likes it, I'll find a distributor and buy it. Thanks for this recommendation, it is much appreciated!