GusHerb
join:2011-11-04
Chicago, IL

GusHerb to telcodad

to telcodad

Re: [Equip] Suggestions for DOCSIS 3.0 modem

said by telcodad:

Jason:

I'm thinking of upgrading to a triple-play package. Would I be able to purchase an ARRIS TM722G or TM822G eMTA at Best Buy or from Amazon?

Last I heard, there were some issues in doing that: »Arris TM822G modem - Available at some Comcast stores

EDIT: Also see: »Re: [Speed] Heads-Up: Time to Replace Your DOCSIS 1.1 Modem

When I went to the Comcast office last week the woman who helped me said that Best Buy would start selling eMTA's again in January. I'm assuming it'll be the TM822G this time. From what I can tell purchasing from Amazon may become a huge headache for you in getting it activated.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by GusHerb:

said by telcodad:

Jason:

I'm thinking of upgrading to a triple-play package. Would I be able to purchase an ARRIS TM722G or TM822G eMTA at Best Buy or from Amazon?

Last I heard, there were some issues in doing that: »Arris TM822G modem - Available at some Comcast stores

EDIT: Also see: »Re: [Speed] Heads-Up: Time to Replace Your DOCSIS 1.1 Modem

When I went to the Comcast office last week the woman who helped me said that Best Buy would start selling eMTA's again in January. I'm assuming it'll be the TM822G this time. From what I can tell purchasing from Amazon may become a huge headache for you in getting it activated.

Found a more recent thread regarding purchasing eMTAs: »New TM722G or TM822G?

Also, back in May, IowaCowboy See Profile had found some ARRIS TM722Gs in Xfinity packaging at the Best Buy near him: »[CDV] They're back
telcodad

telcodad

MVM

From a thread over on the Comcast TV forum: »Re: Triple Play cheaper than Double Play
said by dishrich:

Why don't you just buy your own EMTA (like I did) & then you won't have any "issues" with trying to have them provision a non-phone modem on an trip-play account...plus you will have a (working) landline for emergencies.

said by dm88 :

I wasn't aware you could buy one of those. What type do you have and how much do they cost?

said by dishrich:

You have to purchase it from a Best Buy; not all have them though. I have the Arris TM722G & it was $150...but there is probably a newer one out now.
Since we have no idea where you're at, go here & see if you have one in your area.

»www.comcast.com/digitalv ··· icemodem

telcodad

1 edit

telcodad

MVM

said by telcodad:

From a thread over on the Comcast TV forum: »Re: Triple Play cheaper than Double Play

said by dishrich:

Why don't you just buy your own EMTA (like I did) & then you won't have any "issues" with trying to have them provision a non-phone modem on an trip-play account...plus you will have a (working) landline for emergencies.

said by dm88 :

I wasn't aware you could buy one of those. What type do you have and how much do they cost?

said by dishrich:

You have to purchase it from a Best Buy; not all have them though. I have the Arris TM722G & it was $150...but there is probably a newer one out now.
Since we have no idea where you're at, go here & see if you have one in your area.

»www.comcast.com/digitalv ··· icemodem

FYI- I was able to get an ARRIS TM822G eMTA that I purchased from Amazon provisioned and working on Comcast's system here in NJ today: »[Equip] Need advice on getting a new eMTA