share rss forum feed

Napsterbater
Meh
Premium,MVM
join:2002-12-28
Milledgeville, GA
Reviews:
·Windstream

My punishment of Windstream will soon be over!!

A local Cable Company has deployed FTTH PON Network in the areas around the lake that is only served by Windstream with the help of Broadband Stimulus funds since Windstream isnt considered broadband due to the low upload. I have an install date of 12/12/2013 for 30Mb/30Mb service for only $3 more then my 12Mb/.7Mb service from Windstream.

Even though Windstream did finally add capacity and fix the issues with my DSLAM being oversold they jerked me around for way to long and honestly even if the speed wasn't so great id still be jumping ship.

Unfortunately I still have to deal with Windstream's suckage and outagas at most of our Stations but hopeffully that will soon be over aswell.
--
ASUS M4A79T Deluxe | AMD Phenom II x3 720 BE AM3 w/4 Cores @ 3.41Ghz(OC) | 8GB DDR3 Memory @ 1600mhz | Sapphire ATI HD4870 1GB 800mhz/1000mhz(OC) | 2x500GB HDD's Raid 0 | Windows 7 Ultimate x64| Windstream DSL 12m (14.9m Sync)/766k

sethf

join:2008-08-29
Danielsville, GA
Reviews:
·Windstream

Which cable company if you don't mind me asking? I'm still waiting on Windstream to fix my issue which has been going on for nearly 2 years now and would switch carriers in a minute if I had a choice. Charter's 100mbps plan is available a mere 2 miles away and I'm stuck with 3mbps service that turns into this every night. »www.speedtest.net/my-result/i/703474598

Napsterbater
Meh
Premium,MVM
Milledgeville, GA

Bulldog (»www.bulldogcable.com/) aka Xcelerate Broadband (»www.xceleratebroadband.com/)

iowaboy
Premium
join:2004-02-28
Fairfield, IA

Congratulations, Glad to hear your torment will be over soon.

sethf

join:2008-08-29
Danielsville, GA
reply to Napsterbater

Think of me while you enjoy literally 200x the speed I'm "enjoying" right now. I'd also guess that your latency won't be routinely in the half-second to two-second range. Fun times.

Napsterbater
Meh
Premium,MVM
Milledgeville, GA
reply to Napsterbater

And almost like im being punished for getting ready to leave my DSL is out, I have sync but no PPP session, automated message says i'm part of an outage and to expect it fixed by 1:46am.... ugh.

Napsterbater
Meh
Premium,MVM
Milledgeville, GA
Reviews:
·Windstream

1 recommendation

reply to Napsterbater

IT's INSTALLED!!!! Goodbye Windstream!!!

Its to bad everyone in these forums cant have access to an alternative :-/

Hanging the fiber on the pole to the splitter.

[att=1]

The indoor ONT

ONT's Label

Bodybagger
Premium
join:2010-03-30
Saint Matthews, SC

Congrats duder!

sam26

join:2012-11-16
Macon, GA
reply to Napsterbater

Do you think that company will bring that service over to the next county in jones co. I would be willing to pay $100 a month to get better service that what Windstream isn't offering.

Napsterbater
Meh
Premium,MVM
Milledgeville, GA

Right now they are focused on the Baldwin/Putnam/Hancock County Lake areas, they are using Broadband Stimulus Funds which means they have to stick to using those funds in certain areas right now.

nOv1c3

join:2006-11-08
Whitney, TX
kudos:1
reply to Napsterbater

Oh I so hate you right now Napsterbater! hehe

Congrats on the new connection , It looks sweet

2 more weeks and they say i should be fixed!

iowaboy
Premium
join:2004-02-28
Fairfield, IA

Congrats on finally getting rid of all the pain. Wish many of us could find something like that.