Search similar:

uniqs

richrockstar
join:2013-04-22
Wake Forest, NC

richrockstar

TWC Raleigh (Wake Forest) now bonding 6 channels

Click for full size
Whether this means we are next in line to get 100mbps, or not, it looks like Raleigh is finally getting some channel bonding love.

j1349705
Premium Member
join:2006-04-15
Holly Springs, NC

j1349705

Premium Member

I started to receive 6 downstream bonded channels several months ago following a nearly all night outage in Raleigh.

Still no signs of upstream bonding or a chance of upload speeds better than 5 Mbps any time in the near future . I guess they don't have to since the competition isn't any better as far as speeds go. Still, it would be nice, especially for business class customers.
cyrisneo
join:2011-08-25
Florence, SC

cyrisneo to richrockstar

to richrockstar
In Florence SC we've had 6 channels down for a couple months now. From what I've seen 8 down maybe a better inclination for 100x5 upgrade.

F100
join:2013-01-15
Durham, NC
Alcatel-Lucent G-010G-A
(Software) pfSense
Pace 5268AC

F100 to richrockstar

to richrockstar
In Durham, I still only get 4 downstream channels on the Ubee DDW3611. Upstream is still at 1 channel. What's weird is that when I first got this modem new on a residential upgrade to 30x5 plan, I remember the upstream was bonded with more than one channel. I mostly remember because the light was blue and not green like it is when only one channel is used. Sometime later, it was back to 1 upsteam channel.

I'm on a business plan now with the same modem but I guess our node hasn't been upgraded yet. If they were going to roll out faster speeds to all the triangle market, you would think that every one would see more than 4 channels before they do that. Based on yesterday's story about interference on TWC's WRAL channel by Verizon phones, I'd say that most of this market is similar on the plant management side. I've see this interference and I don't even have cable boxed nor LTE phones.
smcallah
join:2004-08-05
Home

smcallah to richrockstar

to richrockstar
No upstream bonding though. That is required before 100 down is available.

Unless you want 100/5

richrockstar
Wake Forest, NC

richrockstar

Not sure I follow.... is there an official Time Warner Cable speed tier higher than 100/5 anyways? What does upstream bonding have to do with download speeds?

neumannu47
Premium Member
join:2002-08-14
USA

neumannu47 to richrockstar

Premium Member

to richrockstar
I heard that Raleigh/Wake Forest has 100/10 available starting today -- for $150 per month.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

I don't think it is $150 a month more like $105 as that is what TWC is charging for 100/5 in other areas that currently have it except for Kansas City where it lower priced due to Google Fiber.

richrockstar
Wake Forest, NC

richrockstar to neumannu47

to neumannu47
nah it's still 50/5

getbent
@rr.com

getbent

Anon

I am showing 6 downstream channels in south Wake county as well.

richrockstar
Wake Forest, NC

richrockstar

100mbps... Raleigh/Wake Forest... "March" *wink*

Thank me later.

neumannu47
Premium Member
USA

neumannu47

Premium Member

I don't need more download speed. 30 is fine. It's the 5 up that's laughable for what we're paying compared with parts of the country where the is competition.

richrockstar
Wake Forest, NC

richrockstar

I am hearing from 2 seperate, non-call center TWC employees that a 10mbps upload speed is on tap for the triangle, and that it will be bundled into the 100mbps plan.

neumannu47
Premium Member
USA

neumannu47

Premium Member

said by richrockstar:

I am hearing from 2 seperate, non-call center TWC employees that a 10mbps upload speed is on tap for the triangle, and that it will be bundled into the 100mbps plan.

But at what cost? If it's $105, they can keep it.

Here's what I'd pay $100 per month for:
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 87449909

richrockstar
Wake Forest, NC

richrockstar to neumannu47

to neumannu47
I pay $149 a month for 1gbps down/1gbps up at my office in Wilson, NC... but in the triangle you won't see that kind of deal for awhile.

neumannu47
Premium Member
USA

neumannu47

Premium Member

said by richrockstar:

I pay $149 a month for 1gbps down/1gbps up at my office in Wilson, NC... but in the triangle you won't see that kind of deal for awhile.

Wow! Maybe one day Raleigh will catch up with Wilson. I'm not holding my breath.

richrockstar
Wake Forest, NC

richrockstar

There are 2 initiatives in the triangle to bring fiber to the home. The first one is NCNGN/Gig.U initiative at »ncngn.net/, The 2nd is Wake Forest Fiber at »www.wakeforestfiber.com Both initiatives are pushing for 1Gbps FTTH at an affordable/competitive price.
richrockstar

richrockstar

I am hearing now, "mid to late february" for a 100mbps launch in Raleigh. Anyone call in yet?

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

said by richrockstar:

I am hearing now, "mid to late february" for a 100mbps launch in Raleigh. Anyone call in yet?

Calling in would be a waste of everyone's time, the front line agents will not know.

Hob
Dallows
join:2001-01-01
Apex, NC

Dallows to richrockstar

to richrockstar
Any updates on this?
sanciv10
Premium Member
join:2012-01-16
Vero Beach, FL

sanciv10

Premium Member

A recent reboot added a 7th downstream bonded channel. But upstream still is only one.

richrockstar
Wake Forest, NC

richrockstar to Dallows

to Dallows
With RST Fiber installing conduit for FTTH in Wake Forest, and North Raleigh, I am really not concerned about TWC anymore We got the conduit to our home, just waiting on fiber to be blown through.

Greasy
@174.108.111.x

Greasy

Anon

Yes, but RST isn't running fiber to most of their future subs, so they're a very small threat at this point. Their wireless 1Gbit symmetrical claims seem way too good to be true.

richrockstar
Wake Forest, NC

richrockstar

said by Greasy :

Yes, but RST isn't running fiber to most of their future subs, so they're a very small threat at this point. Their wireless 1Gbit symmetrical claims seem way too good to be true.

Not true, they are running fiber all over the town for the wireless... and if they pass by a neighborhood that wants FTTH, and 30% of that neighorhood signs up, they will run fiber to every home in that neighborhood.

why60loss
Premium Member
join:2012-09-20

why60loss to richrockstar

Premium Member

to richrockstar
said by richrockstar:

With RST Fiber installing conduit for FTTH in Wake Forest, and North Raleigh, I am really not concerned about TWC anymore We got the conduit to our home, just waiting on fiber to be blown through.

Can anyone in north Raleigh sign up yet or is it still wake forest only?

I really moved out at a bad time it seems. Missed really good internet by 4-6 months yet lived in the area for over 10 years.

Why does the internet hate me so, first I had to deal with AOL, then TWC and there BS, then even worse century link and then more TWC and there BS.

The 15/1(Real world speeds 5/1, or 0/0 once every few days lol) I had before isn't even broadband anymore, isn't that just sad.

richrockstar
Wake Forest, NC

richrockstar

Anyone in N. Raleigh along Falls of the Neuse, to Litchford, to Spring Forest Rd. They are working pretty hard on it. It has to be vetted in Wake Forest first though before they launch in Raleigh.
Dallows
Apex, NC

Dallows to richrockstar

to richrockstar
I have 8 channels down and up now in Apex. Does that mean we're close?
getbent
join:2014-01-30
Raleigh, NC

getbent to richrockstar

to richrockstar
I've got 8 down but still only a single channel up in Raleigh.
Lenard
join:2006-01-12
Raleigh, NC

Lenard

6 down one up, south east Raleigh
Dallows
Apex, NC

Dallows to richrockstar

to richrockstar
I may have read that wrong. It does look like only 1 upstream.