spc
uniqs
DanM64
join:2013-01-10
Mokena, IL

DanM64 to jlivingood

to jlivingood

Re: [Speed] Upgrade Your DOCSIS 1.1 Modem ASAP

They can't get rid of 1.1 soon enough. Bring on my 3rd 64 QAM upstream channel!!

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

1 recommendation

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by DanM64:

They can't get rid of 1.1 soon enough. Bring on my 3rd 64 QAM upstream channel!!

We've had 3 QAM64 since early 2013.

I wish more people were upgrading :/. It annoys me when I watch people suggesting you buy D2 modems!!! I especially loved it when ABC reported on how they told a couple who had Comcast Triple play to get a D2 modem without voice and said that they were saving!
DanM64
join:2013-01-10
Mokena, IL

1 edit

1 recommendation

DanM64

said by Darknessfall:

We've had 3 QAM64 since early 2013.

I wish more people were upgrading :/. It annoys me when I watch people suggesting you buy D2 modems!!! I especially loved it when ABC reported on how they told a couple who had Comcast Triple play to get a D2 modem without voice and said that they were saving!

The north suburbs of Chicago recently got theirs, so I would guess that mine isn't far behind. I agree completely!! I always try to correct anyone that recommends D2 on here. D2 is cheap for a reason!

I have noticed the ones that refuse to upgrade are the same ones that complain about congested nodes. While I'm on the subject, PLEASE don't be mad about Comcast "forcing" you to purchase new equipment! Say what you will, but Comcast offers the fastest and most stable cable internet for a reason. That reason is that they upgrade to the newest technology quickly, ensuring they have the most modern network possible! Compare the speed tiers Comcast offers and you'll see they are at the top of the cable industry.

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross to DanM64

MVM

to DanM64
said by DanM64:

Just be aware that 64QAM is more sensitive to noise. In most areas, the old 16QAM was on the lowest frequency, which is also the noisiest. That 3rd 64QAM could actually create issues for some users.