how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

zeonstar

join:2006-11-21
Hayward, CA
reply to mrschultz02

Re: [Connectivity] Can't get Netflix HD/Super HD with Comcast.

It kind of makes the test video useless, doesn't it? I had though the text was embedded into the video. The irony is it works on my BD Netflix player, where I don't need it since I can just press info and see an overlay in the corner of my current resolution and audio output.

So even though I am getting a better picture with my older device, other threads have left me confused as to weather my issue is my BluRay Player simply being a crappy Netflix device, or an issue with Netflix.

mrschultz02

join:2007-09-10
Media, PA

said by zeonstar:

It kind of makes the test video useless, doesn't it? I had though the text was embedded into the video. The irony is it works on my BD Netflix player, where I don't need it since I can just press info and see an overlay in the corner of my current resolution and audio output.

Yeah, I was very confused when it didn't show up on some devices, I also figured it had to be embedded in the different bit rate streams. Maybe it's using subtitles somehow and some devices don't show them?

Just tried it on my PC and the android phone app, get the text on the PC but not on the phone.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:3
reply to zeonstar

said by zeonstar:

PlayStation 3 does the same thing with the "Display" button so I know what you mean.
--
I'm always up for a good chat and helping with tech problems.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:3

I wonder what other devices have their own display type.