Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

STEPHANKOENI

join:2011-01-09
Clearwater, FL

MoCa Adapter with LED shut off

Hi,

I have Fios and have worked a lot with MoCo. For 2 bedrooms I am looking for a MoCa to Ethernet Adapter (Bridge) that has an option to disable the LEDs.

I out back tape over the current ones LED, but it’s still annoying in a dark bedroom.

The perfect device would have Coax in and out and at least two Ethernet connections.

Any hints?

Thanks

Stephan

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
kudos:2
If you put black tape over the LEDs, how is it still "annoying" ? That should completely fix your dire situation.

STEPHANKOENI

join:2011-01-09
Clearwater, FL
The LEDs do not only emit light to the front, but also to the side in the box.

And the light comes out through cooling rips etc. I don’t think it would be healthy for the device to tape it up completely, as it gets quite hot.

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
kudos:3
reply to STEPHANKOENI
Well since you must own the routers since you have more than one,open the unit and cut the leds out for good to handle your needs.

elefante72

join:2010-12-03
East Amherst, NY
Old netgear MCAB1001 can disable LED fully. I have a few in the house. They are Moca1.0 but work fine for their application.

I am not aware of any bridges w/ more than one ethernet other than using an Actiontec GW which has the LED issue you describe.

You could also, open it up and disable the LED contacts if it really others you.

My wife is crazy that way, and I simply ran Cat.