uniqs

Corehhi
join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC

Corehhi to dbamber

to dbamber

Re: [Green Tech] Anyone have a heat pump water heater

Thanks for the reply.

My pay back would be reasonable if I got $20 a month savings, about two years. I have a family of four so we go through a decent amount of hot water so I might get better saving then you, no offense but I take it your old since your collecting SS. Just of interest what's your electric rate?? I'm at 13 cents give or take, summer verses winter and other BS games but I'm getting hit with a 2% minimum rate hike every year for at least the 4 years because my power company is building a nuclear plant and shutting down three coal fired power plants.
dbamber
join:2003-02-07
Bandon, OR

dbamber

I guess that if you want to call my age which is 65 old, then I guess so. I consider my aunt who is 97 old! (Just a little humor here!) Our electrical costs on our last bill was 12.35 cents per kWh. Our off peak metering accounts for over 70% of our usage on our last bill.

Corehhi
join:2002-01-28
Bluffton, SC

Corehhi

I guess I should have said you're less likely to use as much hot water as my house. Yes 97 is old compared to you . LOL.

BTW I bought one today only problem is I really need a few months at least to see if it's working. Really an entire year because I wondering if it will do much in the summer?? My water is already 80-85 degrees in the summer months and the water heater is in the attic which will probably be around 115-120 every day. Certainly wasn't losing heat to the attic.

We will see...