spc
uniqs
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE to Nsane_iceman

MVM

to Nsane_iceman

Re: [Config] Performance due to VLAN, incomplete STP, or loop backs?

@Nsane_iceman
Make sure any interfaces in half duplex aren't an uplink to another connecting switch... just to be sure.

And now that I look at Da Geek Kid See Profile 's question and your configs, what's up with all the static routes?
If Switch01 and Switch06 are your "core" switches with the VLAN SVIs, why are you pointing everything at that
address? Methinks you may want to redo your diagram WITH the interface-to-link status AND an addressing scheme
as well.

Regards

Da Geek Kid
join:2003-10-11
::1

Da Geek Kid

switch 6 has one vlan and it's not considered a core, but rather L2 switch. Another Major issue that was mentioned is that the core switches 1 and 2 do not have the same IOS which will break the network if configured improperly... In this situation, since there are no routing protocols running on either switch, it should be ok. All I can say is, 100% pure amateur design "Foe-Sho!"
HELLFIRE
MVM
join:2009-11-25

HELLFIRE

MVM

said by Nsane_iceman:

Core switches are 1 and 6 in the server room and 7 is connected to the servers.
Others are out on the warehouse floor along with ~4 unmanaged Netgear switches due to very very long Ethernet runs (warehouse is 1 million+ sq feet).

...in the OP's own hand Da Geek Kid See Profile from earlier in the thread, FYI.

Let's see if the OP posts up anything more...

Regards

Nsane_iceman
Premium Member
join:2001-02-26
North Richland Hills, TX

Nsane_iceman to HELLFIRE

Premium Member

to HELLFIRE
said by HELLFIRE:

@Nsane_iceman
Make sure any interfaces in half duplex aren't an uplink to another connecting switch... just to be sure.

And now that I look at Da Geek Kid See Profile 's question and your configs, what's up with all the static routes?
If Switch01 and Switch06 are your "core" switches with the VLAN SVIs, why are you pointing everything at that
address? Methinks you may want to redo your diagram WITH the interface-to-link status AND an addressing scheme
as well.

Regards

All interfaces in half duplex are conveyor belt PLC units, no uplinks.
Nsane_iceman

Nsane_iceman to Da Geek Kid

Premium Member

to Da Geek Kid
said by Da Geek Kid:

switch 6 has one vlan and it's not considered a core, but rather L2 switch. Another Major issue that was mentioned is that the core switches 1 and 2 do not have the same IOS which will break the network if configured improperly... In this situation, since there are no routing protocols running on either switch, it should be ok. All I can say is, 100% pure amateur design "Foe-Sho!"

I've emailed Netech to see if they can send me the advipservices image for all the switches. Hopefully they can and not $160/hr for them to do it on all that lack it.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Nsane_iceman:

said by Da Geek Kid:

I've emailed Netech to see if they can send me the advipservices image for all the switches. Hopefully they can and not $160/hr for them to do it on all that lack it.

I just did a search and it seems they've rolled Advanced IP Services into the other two IP base and IP services.

Looks like it happened in 2009
»www.cisco.com/en/US/prod ··· 635.html

So I would standardize on IP services

Based on some reading I'd get the 12.2(55)SE6 IP services IOS for all of them