TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

2 recommendations

NEW Customer Portal - BETA

Hello all,

After a lot of hard work we are very pleased, and proud to release the new beta MyAccount portal to our awesome subscribers. We are announcing the launch here first on DSLR. Please find the release summary below:

With our newly designed MyAccount portal customers can:
- Register and login to view information regarding their existing services with TekSavvy such as:
- Service Address Information
- Re-occurring Costs
- Detailed usage for Internet data services
- Associated Hardware
- Viewing billing information and past invoices
- And much more coming soon…

To access the portal go to: »myaccount.teksavvy.com

*Note: Internet usage will be initially provided for our Ontario and Quebec DSL customers as well as our Ontario cable customers. Older tools that were used for DSL will no longer work for the time being until we can re-link everything to the new portal.

The existing portal will continue to work as both do not yet have all the same functionality. As we deploy new features to the new platform, we will phaseout the older portal.

Check it out!
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
Some nerd details for those who are interested.

The site is designed to function on desktops, tablets and mobile devices.

It has been tested with a number of browsers including Internet Explorer, FireFox, Chrome and Safari. The site has also been tested with mobile browsers for IOS, Blackberry and Android devices. However it's still a beta and we appreciate your help in identifying issues or bugs.

We do have a list of known bugs that we continue to work on however the major issues, we believe, have been ironed out.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Marc
Looks good, works nice and quick. Of course it goes without saying its missing a lot like being able to modify anything, address, billing info, change of services, request moves, chat with support, track and respond to tickets, etc... Would be nice to have a SMS ticket tracking, ie it sends a SMS if you have a ticket update.

I also hope that this is more automatic than the old portal was where it basically sent a "to do list" for a CSR to manually complete.
--

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
The portal, what you see if a bit like an iceberg.. Most of all the work was to build the platform and today there is only a bit of functionality but in the future it will be heavily leveraged on all fronts.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13

1 recommendation

reply to HiVolt
the password nonsense of caps and numbers has me cheesed off I have thousands of passwords to remember, so anything that complicates it drives me bananas! So, I've abandoned it!

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
Sorry dude. :/

You should check it out though. We put a lot of effort into it.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10
reply to sbrook
said by sbrook:

the password nonsense of caps and numbers has me cheesed off I have thousands of passwords to remember, so anything that complicates it drives me bananas! So, I've abandoned it!

Annoyed me too.. So I pulled out my trusted 'annoying sites' password. heh..

But looks good. I really like the reminder that the uploads are free. No more constantly posting it for people, cuz they don't trust us, eh Marc?
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

franklyong
Cisco Geek

join:2004-12-05
Canada
kudos:1
There is OpenID.

franklyong
Cisco Geek

Canada
reply to TSI Marc
My question is it possible to have two emails associate to the account :P. Was going to make one for my father so he can see the usage.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
One email per account.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

franklyong
Cisco Geek

Canada
I guess Gargoyle will stay as my general tracking then :P
Go Quotas!

Viscera

join:2005-05-03
North Bay, ON
reply to TSI Marc
I must say that I am happy that I can finally monitor the bandwidth that I use per month during peak and off peak hours. I must have gone past the 300GB a few times in the past. It's really easy to schedule programs to start their downloading at 2am so it's not much of an issue, as that's 1/4 of every day that you can max out your bandwidth if need be. Although, with the fast speeds and low bandwidth caps nowadays, it's kind of like renting a car for a month and being told that you can only drive twenty miles for that month, but you can drive at 150mph if you want. Although there's hardly anyone on the road between 2am and 8am, so you can go crazy then.

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

The portal, what you see if a bit like an iceberg.. Most of all the work was to build the platform and today there is only a bit of functionality but in the future it will be heavily leveraged on all fronts.

Yeah, i'm looking forward to all the goodies that will be in it...

Nice to see the usage tracker have the ability to show day by day usage.
--

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
reply to TSI Marc
I checked it out... looks great.. but is the usage working? It says I've used 0 this month and last.. which can't be the case... is it working correctly?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
It's only displaying usage since December 1st for DSL I believe.

It's also possible that we have the MAC address wrong on cable accounts. We will be auditing all of that to make sure it's accurate.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

bjlockie

join:2007-12-16
Ottawa, DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Marc
It wasn't clear that it wouldn't accept the 'CID' part of my CID when I registered, only the number.

The "Service Plan Information" part only shows my total invoice, it should my dry loop and modem rental costs.

The "Hardware" part under Services->Details is empty, you know I rent a Sagemcom from you.

The tab colours are the same for the current one and the one the mouse hovers over.

The boxes that expand and collapse have a + for both expanded and collapsed.
I've seen + for expand and - for collapse.

bjlockie

Ottawa, DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

It's only displaying usage since December 1st for DSL I believe.

That's all it has for me.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to bjlockie
Thanks for that feedback. We have a list of known issues that I didn't post but most of those we are working on. (I highlighted the same ones hehe)
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to bjlockie
As time goes forward, it will show from dec 1st..
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to franklyong
said by franklyong:

There is OpenID.

With our new MyAccount portal we have given customers two options for registering and creating an account login. The first option is to create a login and password specific to the MyAccount portal. The second option available is to register and login with a pre-existing OpenId account (Yahoo or Google). With the OpenId approach users can re-use their existing login credentials Yahoo or Google and minimize the number of passwords they have to remember. We hope our customers will find this to be a convenient feature. To make use of it simply click those links to use either credentials.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

bjlockie

Ottawa, DSL
reply to TSI Marc
Is the usage bar, only usage that will be charged (this is not clear).

I would like to see detailed monthly totals for usage, off peak, upload, etc.
What you have for each day but a monthly total for each column.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
Isn't that what the summary is?
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to bjlockie
the usage bar only shows downloads during peak.. it only shows what will be charged (in the case of unlimited it wont be charged or if you haven't gone over your cap)
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

cliffz0rz

join:2005-02-14
Nepean, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Finally an Ontario cable usage meter! Very nice, and easy enough to use. Nicely done!

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
thank you.

twizzler66

join:2011-06-25
Guelph, ON
reply to TSI Marc
Questions Marc:

A) If it turns out we are using more than we expected, ie. over 300 GB on the 300 package, is there a time frame for adjusting our usage patterns, or will we billed overages immediately on our next bill?

B) If it turns out we are using more than we expected, can you please clarify what the overage charge is and if there is a maximum (and what that maximum is)?

C) There was previous mention that if a customer went over two months in a row, they would be automatically adjusted to the unlimited package - is this still the case, or do we just keep getting charged the overage fee indefinitely?

D) If we find that our usage patterns are higher than expected and we wish to switch to an unlimited plan, will we be able to request this change from the new portal? Will we also be able to request speed profile changes? (I do not see these features at the moment, but I realize it is a work in progress).

bjlockie

Ottawa, DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

the usage bar only shows downloads during peak.. it only shows what will be charged (in the case of unlimited it wont be charged or if you haven't gone over your cap)

How about putting a note on it, something like "usage that will be charged" to make it clear.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to twizzler66
all the usage stuff will be cleared up in the weeks and months ahead. right now the focus was simply to get out of the gates.

nothing has changed from the things I have said in the past though and much of it is listed on the main web site.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
Chatham, ON
reply to bjlockie
I think it's already clear. there is only one total that's important.. it's the one that you might get charged.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

bjlockie

Ottawa, DSL
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Isn't that what the summary is?

The summary only has the usage that will cost, I want to see details for the month, upload, download, peak.