spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Bell314159
@verizon.net

Bell314159

Anon

FiOS Installation for Multiple Dwelling Unit

I'm interested in having FiOS installed in a 6-unit apartment building (Phila. area). Instead of having multiple separate ONTs hanging off of the outside wall of my building (with 6 separate holes in the exterior wall as well), I prefer having a centralized single point of entry for the FiOS signal (TV, Internet and phone service), that can then be distributed to the individual apartments inside the building (ONTs could then be installed into closets in each apartment, e.g.).

Verizon has not been helpful at all, after multiple calls to the "Enhanced Communities" group. No replies, return calls or knowledge on their end. I don't think they really know what they themselves do! This implies that Verizon are not interested in the installation of cable runs or equipment within the apartment building.

Has anyone had experience in having this type of service installed as an owner of an apartment building? I'm guessing that a third party contractor might be needed to install the cabling and other infrastructure, and then they would coordinate with Verizon for the connection to the building.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

I'm not aware of VZ allowing you to do this as normally each address has its own ONT. The ONT is the thing that makes each address know what it is to get. It's not like cable that can just be split and split and then split again.
kevnich24
join:2006-04-19
Mulberry, FL

kevnich24 to Bell314159

to Bell314159
Actually this can easily be done. Fios is just a fiber connection. For multi dwellings they can enter with a multi strand cable and then put a splice and termination box inside that then feeds individual dwellings with its own strand.

The problem is that unless your area is already serviced by fios, your out of luck as they've halted all expansions of service.