Search similar:

uniqs

Exidor
Premium Member
join:2001-05-04

1 edit

Exidor

Premium Member

Does the site www.caringbridge.org load for you? (FIXED)

www.caringbridge.org

(CaringBridge is a nonprofit committed to bringing friends and family together during any form of health journey.)

On IE 11 I get a HTTP 500 Internal Server Error, using either the URL or the IP address.

On Firefox 25.01 I get a completely blank page with no error messages.

I am presently on Start DNS (64.140.114.21) but the site will not load for me using OpenDNS either.

downforeveryoneorjustme.com says the site is up.

ID Serve query results:
Initiating server query ...
Looking up IP address for domain: www.caringbridge.org
The IP address for the domain is: 66.162.232.134
Connecting to the server on standard HTTP port: 80
[Connected] Requesting the server's default page.
The server returned the following response headers:
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 19:05:58 GMT
Server: Apache
X-Powered-By: PHP/5.3.14 ZendServer/5.0
Set-Cookie: cb=rd44u5q294v4k7kateig6022v0; expires=Sat, 07-Dec-2013 19:05:58 GMT; path=/; domain=.caringbridge.org; HttpOnly
Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0
Pragma: no-cache
Set-Cookie: cb=k02lgrjaj1io9r220k6upt8d06; expires=Sat, 07-Dec-2013 19:05:58 GMT; path=/; domain=.caringbridge.org; HttpOnly
Set-Cookie: lang=en_US; expires=Sat, 21-Dec-2013 19:05:58 GMT; path=/; domain=.caringbridge.org; httponly
X-UA-Compatible: IE=Edge,chrome=1
Vary: Accept-encoding
Connection: close
Transfer-Encoding: chunked
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
Content-Encoding: gzip
Query complete.
Thanks for any feedback.

EDIT: Site is now loading for me.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

Re: Does the site www.caringbridge.org load for you?

Loads fine here at work on Rogers Business Cable.

rocca
Start.ca
Premium Member
join:2008-11-16
London, ON

rocca to Exidor

Premium Member

to Exidor
Works here on Chrome 31, but Error 500 on IE 8.
camelot
join:2008-04-12
Whitby, ON

camelot to Exidor

to Exidor
Works fine here from both Chrome 31 and IE 11.
GreyArea51
join:2013-12-03
SW Ontario

1 edit

GreyArea51 to Exidor

to Exidor
said by Exidor:

www.caringbridge.org

On Firefox 25.01 I get a completely blank page with no error messages.

I'm on Start DSL, using their auto-assigned DNS.

On Chrome31, it loads completely, and quickly.

For FF25, I get the same as you. Blank screen, but no errors. I noted that the tab ICON DOES get updated, if that is a clue.

I am running Microsoft Security Essentials, and SpywareBlaster, and most security/privacy options are turned ON in both browsers I tested. (all my normal software and settings).

edit1: this is on WinXP Home/SP3

Exidor
Premium Member

2 edits

Exidor

Premium Member

Thanks for all the replies!

Interesting that there is another user with the same problem as me on Firefox, and one with the same problem on IE.

However, I found that I can access the site with my tablet on wi-fi through my home network.

So it seems that the access problem may be with my laptop. I restarted my computer in "Safe Mode with Networking" but still could not access the site.

I have MSE as well so will look at shutting it down to troubleshoot the issue.

So far it's only the one site with the access problem but I still want to get to the bottom of it.

EDIT: I disabled and/or shut down all security related software, but still no go. Then I did a system restore back to Monday, before the problem started, but still no go. Oh well.
BabyBackRibs4
join:2009-01-10
Gloucester, ON

BabyBackRibs4 to Exidor

to Exidor
Loads fine in Firefox 25.0.1 for me.
camelot
join:2008-04-12
Whitby, ON

camelot to Exidor

to Exidor
Entirely likely it's a code problem on that site...

jmck
formerly 'shaded'
join:2010-10-02
Ottawa, ON

jmck

said by camelot:

Entirely likely it's a code problem on that site...

some proper troubleshooting should be done, is it DNS related? check if your computer can resolve the host and if it matches what it should be. if DNS works, try to telnet on port 80 and type GET / HTTP1.0 followed by a few returns and it should give a bunch of HTML.

finally, i would install Chrome and have it try to load it just to isolate the issue. the site does have some validation errors and some things wrong with the code, but not enough to not display it properly it seems for most browsers.
adit7
join:2013-04-02
Oakville, ON

adit7 to Exidor

to Exidor
Loads here in IE11 and Chrome (W7x64) - VDSL

Exidor
Premium Member

Exidor to jmck

Premium Member

to jmck
Thank you for your reply.

The site will not load using Start DNS or OpenDNS.

I used the ID Serv program (from GRC.com) to resolve the host, the results which I copied in my initial post.

I ran telnet and it did indeed give a bunch of HTML.

I installed Chrome but it would not load the site either.

Please note that two posters in this thread did experience the same issue as me, one on IE 8 and one on Firefox 25.01.

On both IE and Firefox, the site does load a favicon and set a cookie.

I had been visiting the site daily for the past month. It stopped loading for me just a few days ago.

I will notify the site admins on Monday.

Thanks again.
Guru
join:2008-10-01

Guru

I am using Start DNS and the site loads fine on IE11 but does not load on Chrome 31.

I don't think this has to do with Start DNS as if it was then it wouldn't load at all for all of us. Contact the site admins and have them investigate from their end.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_ to Exidor

Premium Member

to Exidor
Start cable in Ottawa; working in FF 25 and IE11, doesn't work on Chrome 31.

cybersaga
join:2011-12-19
Selby, ON

cybersaga

Getting 500 on both Chrome and IE10.

HTTP errors (in the 400's or 500's) comes from the web server. HTTP errors are not generated by the browser. So it means that the error happened on the web server.
BigVe
join:2005-07-15
Gulliver, MI

BigVe to Exidor

to Exidor
Works fine here in N Michigan with Firefox 25.0.1 as well as IE 11

Exidor
Premium Member

Exidor to cybersaga

Premium Member

to cybersaga
Thanks for all the replies.

I got a response from the www.caringbridge.org site admin on the issue I raised in this thread.
Response Via Email 12/09/2013 03:55 PM

We are sorry that you are unable to access your CaringBridge site at this time. We are aware of an issue that is causing exactly what you are describing. Our technical staff is working to resolve the issue and will be pushing out the fix tomorrow afternoon.

In the meantime, we have found that it is a setting on your browser - our suggestion would be to use an alternative browser until this issue is fixed.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

CaringBridge Customer Care

As an aside, the reason I first posted here in the Start forum was that I wondered if it was a DNS issue so was looking for others on Start to test the site.
GreyArea51
join:2013-12-03
SW Ontario

GreyArea51

Hah! I upgraded from FF25 to FF26, and tried that page again. Lo and behold, the page loaded fine!

BUT... it didn't seem right to me that a FF update would have fixed that web-page problem; that was a little TOO coincidental.

So I re-tried IE8, which also didn't work for me before (I didn't report that fact before), and now it works. (some of the fonts look terrible in IE8)

And Chrome31 still works.

So, I would guess that caringbridge must have made some page changes, as they said they would.

So, it now loads for me in IE8, FF26, and CR31... WinXP Home/SP3.

Exidor
Premium Member

Exidor

Premium Member

Yes, the site is working for me now as well.

Mind you, that was after I updated to Firefox 26 and installed the latest Windows Updates today. I forgot to check the site before doing all that.

Anyway, the site is now accessible.

Thanks again everyone.