Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

dhudson1984

join:2008-01-04
Charleston, WV
Reviews:
·Suddenlink

My modem stats

I've always had a rock solid and reliable connection except the once in a while outage due to maintenance or storm related issues.

I was taking a look at my modem stats and noticed upstream channel type is set to Docsis 2 while I have a Docsis 3 connection. I didn't understand that. Here are my modem stats... The modem is an Arris WBM760A Fair, good, or great?

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC
kudos:3
Everything looks good. Your upstream modulation is normal.
--
What the heck is a GatorKram? »www.gatorkram.com

dhudson1984

join:2008-01-04
Charleston, WV
reply to dhudson1984
Nice. Thanks gator. I knew nothing could've been wrong. I wanted to post to maybe compare to everyone else's too.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium
Winterville, NC
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
reply to dhudson1984
Click for full size
As you can see, my downstream levels are almost perfect, and my upstream is good.
--

moldypickle
Premium
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
reply to dhudson1984
Like Gator said, your signal is fine. Doc2 upstream is fine for any tier of SL since we max out at 5megs up. Not sure why your modem reports it that way since it's the modulation you're interested in to see how fast it 'can' go.

Rebel
El Loco

join:2007-04-26
Greenville, NC
reply to dhudson1984
How do you guys take a picture and post your modem stats page on here? I have a macbook pro and can't figure out how to do so. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

moldypickle
Premium
Haughton, LA
Reviews:
·Suddenlink
Command, shift, 3 (or 4 to select the area). Taken from the first google result for "how to take a screenshot on a mac".

Google your modem to find the address to get the stats from it, such as 192.168.100.1

Then put it in a reply.
--
50/3 Suddenlink : Current
5/1 CMA : Old
15/2 TWC : Old

Rebel
El Loco

Greenville, NC
reply to dhudson1984
Click for full size
How are my modem signal levels/stats?

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium
Winterville, NC
Some might say 53 on the upstream is a bit high, but Ive seen mine that high and not had issues. Your downstream is fine.
--

Rebel
El Loco

Greenville, NC
Where abouts should my upstream be around Gator? I haven't ever had any issues with it. But like you said, yours has been that high before and you had no issues. So I guess I don't need to worry about it then.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium
Winterville, NC
I used to have a text file listing the modem levels, but I can't find it. I think you can search this site to find them though.
--

moldypickle
Premium
Haughton, LA
reply to Rebel
In the 40s ideally. Between 54 and 56 on the upstream, depending on modem brand, you'll start getting the modem resetting so it doesn't attempt to overdrive the upstream