All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dknumber11
join:2013-12-07

dknumber11

[CT] CSNNE-HD set to "Copy Once" protection

I have a multi-room HTPC setup using a CableCard HDHomeRun Prime and NextPVR/XBMC to watch cable channels. All channels are working great (set to copy freely) with the lone exception of CSNNE-HD (channel 1051) which is set to copy once preventing my HTPC from being able to view this channel (the SD channel, 51, works fine). CCI is set to "none" and CGMS is set to "protected-copyonce". Most other channels have CCI set to "unrestricted".

So far my attempts to get technical support to fix the problem have failed as they don't really know what I'm talking about. Is there a Cox tech on here that can, perhaps, look into this or does anybody have any other suggestions?

Thanks for any help!

BryanInPHX
Premium Member
join:2001-03-06
Phoenix, AZ

BryanInPHX

Premium Member

Lucky you - Where are you located?

Most Cox markets are Copy Once for everything but the Locals.
dknumber11
join:2013-12-07

dknumber11

I am in CT. From what I've read on this forum it does sound like I should be happy I get as much as I do. It's just too bad that this one channel was missed since they carry all of the Celtics games.
Rakeesh
join:2011-10-30
Phoenix, AZ

Rakeesh

Some channels explicitly request a copy flag. HBO, showtime, and other premiums do this, as does that lame E! channel. It's possible that this channel explicitly asked for that.

Cox seems to generally prefer to blanket flag all channels. This is the biggest reason why I just canceled cable entirely, and to be honest I don't ever see myself subscribing again - I don't miss cable at all.