spc
Search similar:

uniqs
albatros
join:2013-11-25
Canada

albatros

Business Fibe Internet 25/25 - where??

Been trying few areas where I could potentially rent a room for business but maximum what I get is 5/1. Does anyone know which areas in GTA have the infrastructure to get Business Fibe Internet 25/25?

ajhaji
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Etobicoke, ON

ajhaji

Premium Member

I've been trying to figure this out, too. It seems to me that any symmetric (same download and upload) service needs FTTP, which is only available in very select markets.
albatros
Canada

albatros

Paying 1k for 25Mbps is ridiculous. This seems to be the going price for fibre ISPs. Bell can't provide anything above 5Mbps no matter what area I try. This is getting frustrating:(
lowping
join:2013-08-04

lowping to albatros

to albatros
Is cable not available ?

Beaugrand
join:2013-09-22
Acton Vale, QC

Beaugrand

If cable is available in your area, i would go with cable. But if you are in a cogeco docsis 2.0 area the max speed you will see is 16/2 mbps

With Rogers i'm not sure but they probably only do Docsis 3.0 so it's 150/10 mbps the max you would see.

If you really want Dsl , Mlppp is the other solution for getting speeds higher than 5 mbps, the disadvantage is that you need to be close of the C.O and you need to pay 3 dsl lines to get 15/3 mbps at his best (if you living in from of the C.O)

T-carrier lines could be an other option, but they are really expensive !!!

- Max

Glen1
These Are The Good Ol' Days.
MVM
join:2002-05-24
GTA Canada

Glen1 to albatros

MVM

to albatros
There are many buildings in the GTA that have 25 or even 50 down but more than likely the best upload speed would be 10 meg unless you have fiber to the prem like the other person said. What particular area were you looking at?
albatros
Canada

albatros

To be honest, i'm willing to settle the business in any area as long as Bell has 25Mbps+
albatros

albatros

So I've provided close to 30 addresses to Bell which are literally in different areas and the best available option was 50/10 with only 7Mpbs available upload bandwidth. Does this 25/25 even exist in GTA?
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

Symmetrical service is only available with FTTH. In the GTA FTTH is limited to new developments and a limited number of residential areas with aerial wiring.
albatros
Canada

albatros

so the challenge i have is finding those areas and Bell is not helping.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to lowping

to lowping
said by lowping:

Is cable not available ?

Cable is almost always not available in traditional business locations.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805 to albatros

to albatros
Look for brand new construction (and I mean brand spanking new, neighborhood wouldn't be anynewer than 2010), or older local income highly populated areas served by poles. The poles with have orange tags on them saying "bell fibre optic cable"
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to albatros

to albatros
said by albatros:

Are you using a realtor? If not I'd suggest using one. They will be eager to help you find a place that supports your internet needs.

hlo207
join:2012-11-16
North York, ON

hlo207

said by yyzlhr:

said by albatros:

Are you using a realtor? If not I'd suggest using one. They will be eager to help you find a place that supports your internet needs.

Forget the realtor, I doubt any of them knows what the hack are you asking for when you starting talking about internet connection. If you want fibre optics connection, learn what to look for out there. It will be much easier if the utilities are above ground. You can take a look at my thread from last summer to spot how Bell fibre optics look like on poles: »[Internet] Fiber Optic upgrade in North York (SE if Yonge/Finch)

Alternately there are other commercial vendors out there that handle business internet services that can have even higher speed. I cannot remember the names off the top of my head. They could be on fibre optics, cable, or pure wireless.
albatros
Canada

albatros

confirmed, 250/250 available in Yonge/Finch area

Any other areas?

hlo207
join:2012-11-16
North York, ON

hlo207

North side of Sheppard Ave between Bayview and Willowdale. I have seen same kind of wirings on the poles. Driving around the neighbourhood and look for them.
yyzlhr
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to hlo207

to hlo207
said by hlo207:

said by yyzlhr:

said by albatros:

Forget the realtor, I doubt any of them knows what the hack are you asking for when you starting talking about internet connection.

A good realtor who specializes in commercial real estate would know exactly what you're looking for. Just naming areas that have FTTH doesn't really help that much as most of these deployments are for residential.