Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium
join:2000-08-05
Mentor, OH
kudos:1

Terry Brooks Shannara Novels to Be Adapted for MTV

»www.wired.com/underwire/2013/12/···-at-mtv/

quote:
MTV announced today that it’s working with Jon Favreau and Smallville co-creators Al Gough and Miles Millar to develop a series based on Shannara, the bestselling fantasy series by Terry Brooks. They’re serious about it, too: apparently the deal involves a straight-to-series commitment, bypassing the pilot stage altogether.

Shannara makes sense — MTV is clearly out to duplicate the success of fellow fantasy series Game of Thrones, and, according to the Hollywood Reporter, Brooks’ 25-volume saga is the world’s best-selling un-adapted fantasy book series.

I'll reserve comment as MTV still has be stunned over how well Teen Wolf is produced.

Hopefully this well be even better.
--
Is a person a failure for doing nothing? Or is he a failure for trying, and not succeeding at what he is attempting to do? What did you fail at today?.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by Snakeoil:

I'll reserve comment as MTV still has be stunned over how well Teen Wolf is produced.

Hopefully this well be even better.

I thought the same as you until I heard that they're going to be using the "Teen Moms" cast as the actors in this new venture.

--
An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. - Sir Winston Churchill

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to Snakeoil

Oh boy, oh boy. I read that set sometime after LOTR, it oughta be ok as long as its not too watered down.

kitsune

join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA
reply to Snakeoil

I wonder which part of the shannara series they will be adapting. It actually spans from current times into a post apocalyptic future (which is where the original series began).

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON

I'm not positive but I think they'll enter with The Elfstones of Shanara.

• Now if only some network out there would do the Elric saga, by Michael Moorcock!

kitsune

join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA

said by TwiztedZero:

• Now if only some network out there would do the Elric saga, by Michael Moorcock!

Now that would be awesome

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON

1 edit

Theres a Weitz brothers Elric movie planned, at least since 2007, but nothing definitive since then. No idea if it'll ever come to either big or small screen.

anonome

@verizon.net
reply to Snakeoil

Hmmm, sadly, my first reaction to your post was "Legend of the Seeker" (which may not be fair since a faithful adaptation of the Sword of Truth saga was never going to make it into broadcast syndication). I agree with the writer that Landover might have been a better choice (but not that Shannara is "boring"). Maybe since it's MTV, they should be looking at Xanth or Spellsinger? ...hmmm--Wheel of Time (are there enough decades left in the current age to even produce it?)...

mareastrum

join:2006-09-10
Saint Louis, MO
reply to Snakeoil

Huh, so I guess Showtime didn't get the bid? That's what my husband had heard earlier this year.

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto
reply to Snakeoil

I read the The Sword of Shannara and was disappointed of the ending, but adapting the book series in a TV show I find risky. Whatever floats their boat, I guess (shrugs).
--
Illegal aliens have always been a problem in the United States. Ask any Indian. Robert Orben