Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

Terry Brooks Shannara Novels to Be Adapted for MTV

»www.wired.com/underwire/ ··· -at-mtv/
quote:
MTV announced today that it’s working with Jon Favreau and Smallville co-creators Al Gough and Miles Millar to develop a series based on Shannara, the bestselling fantasy series by Terry Brooks. They’re serious about it, too: apparently the deal involves a straight-to-series commitment, bypassing the pilot stage altogether.

Shannara makes sense — MTV is clearly out to duplicate the success of fellow fantasy series Game of Thrones, and, according to the Hollywood Reporter, Brooks’ 25-volume saga is the world’s best-selling un-adapted fantasy book series.

I'll reserve comment as MTV still has be stunned over how well Teen Wolf is produced.

Hopefully this well be even better.

juilinsandar
Texas Gooner
Premium Member
join:2000-07-17
San Benito, TX

juilinsandar

Premium Member

said by Snakeoil:

I'll reserve comment as MTV still has be stunned over how well Teen Wolf is produced.

Hopefully this well be even better.

I thought the same as you until I heard that they're going to be using the "Teen Moms" cast as the actors in this new venture.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
Oh boy, oh boy. I read that set sometime after LOTR, it oughta be ok as long as its not too watered down.
kitsune
join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA

kitsune to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
I wonder which part of the shannara series they will be adapting. It actually spans from current times into a post apocalyptic future (which is where the original series began).

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

I'm not positive but I think they'll enter with The Elfstones of Shanara.

• Now if only some network out there would do the Elric saga, by Michael Moorcock!
kitsune
join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA

kitsune

said by TwiztedZero:

• Now if only some network out there would do the Elric saga, by Michael Moorcock!

Now that would be awesome

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

1 edit

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

Theres a Weitz brothers Elric movie planned, at least since 2007, but nothing definitive since then. No idea if it'll ever come to either big or small screen.

anonome
@verizon.net

anonome to Snakeoil

Anon

to Snakeoil
Hmmm, sadly, my first reaction to your post was "Legend of the Seeker" (which may not be fair since a faithful adaptation of the Sword of Truth saga was never going to make it into broadcast syndication). I agree with the writer that Landover might have been a better choice (but not that Shannara is "boring"). Maybe since it's MTV, they should be looking at Xanth or Spellsinger? ...hmmm--Wheel of Time (are there enough decades left in the current age to even produce it?)...

mareastrum
join:2006-09-10
Saint Louis, MO

mareastrum to Snakeoil

to Snakeoil
Huh, so I guess Showtime didn't get the bid? That's what my husband had heard earlier this year.

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
I read the The Sword of Shannara and was disappointed of the ending, but adapting the book series in a TV show I find risky. Whatever floats their boat, I guess (shrugs).