Reviews:
·Vonage
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Optimum Online
·ooma
·DIRECTV
reply to Jackarino

Re: Ebay shipping question

The buyer and I worked out an agreement. I will be refunding half of the purchase price of $255.

I know, about the signature, again, lesson for next time. But ebay nor paypal forced me to add signature, which I think should be mandatory for packages for this value

swintec
Premium,VIP
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

said by Jackarino:

But ebay nor paypal forced me to add signature, which I think should be mandatory for packages for this value

How would they force you to add a signature? Plus, some sellers may not want to take on the added cost of a signature and will deal with the risk themselves.

The buyer sounds like he got a new ipad for half price.

Let me ask you this, if Dell shipped you your new laptop and it showed as delivered but was no where to be found...would you take half your money back and call it good?

I wouldnt be surprised if he files a dispute with paypal...how have you both been communicating?
--
Usenet Block Accounts | Unlimited Accounts

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium
join:2004-06-21
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Jackarino

said by Jackarino:

The buyer and I worked out an agreement. I will be refunding half of the purchase price of $255.

I know, about the signature, again, lesson for next time. But ebay nor paypal forced me to add signature, which I think should be mandatory for packages for this value

it's kinda of a admission of guilt on his end for taking 1/2 back and not 100%
--
Live Free or Die Hard...

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to swintec

We have both been communicating through the ebay case messenger, so all of these messages would be seen by ebay if the case were to be escalated

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Optimum Online
·ooma
·DIRECTV
reply to Anonymous_

said by Anonymous_:

said by Jackarino:

it's kinda of a admission of guilt on his end for taking 1/2 back and not 100%

He claims his wife forced him to make the deal, the gut has 114 feedbacks, all positive
--
"If we ever forget that we are One Nation Under God,
then we will be a nation gone under."

swintec
Premium,VIP
Alfred, ME
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS
reply to Jackarino

said by Jackarino:

We have both been communicating through the ebay case messenger, so all of these messages would be seen by ebay if the case were to be escalated

Do paypal dispute agents see messages on ebay? i always saw them as separate despite being owned by the same company.
--

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ

If i needed to deal with paypal, I could show them the ebay case messages

swintec
Premium,VIP
Alfred, ME
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·VoicePulse
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·RapidVPS

said by Jackarino:

If i needed to deal with paypal, I could show them the ebay case messages

Have you used the dispute / resolution manager on paypal before? Any correspondence, at least for disputes I have had, had to happen within there. Stuff outside of that could be faked...unless of course they have access to Ebays system. I dont really know. By the way, from the paypal side of things the buyer has 45 days for a full refund for any reason, completely separate and unrelated to Ebays, or what you may have stated in the auction.

Count your blessings if you get out of all this with just losing the $255.
--

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Optimum Online
·ooma
·DIRECTV

Click for full size
This is what I have in Paypal

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
reply to swintec

said by swintec:

The buyer sounds like he got a new ipad for half price

Ding, ding, ding !

beerbum
Premium
join:2000-05-06
Reading, PA
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Hall:

The buyer sounds like he got a new ipad for half price

yup.. seller got scammed..

tell me.. who here.. if they ordered something and did not receive it, would settle for a partial refund?

no I, like most normal honest people, would demand no less than a full refund if the item I ordered did not arrive.

now.. while I am by all means no big-time ebay seller, I do have one simple rule of thumb: if I sell anything for $40 or more, I will pay the extra $2.70 (or $2.20 in-person) for signature confirmation. it saves sooooooo much headaches from happening..

when dealing online, I live by the philosophy that people are scum and will try to scam you at the littlest of opportunity. I have followed this since opening my account in 1996 and knock on wood I have never been scammed, ever.

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

That is swintec's quote, not mine (just to give proper credit)