share rss forum feed

ht

@rr.com

[Scam] Craigslist is overflowing with scam artists

downloadProperty in ···.htm.zip 3,667 bytes
Craigslist post
If someone or website is fraudulent you can report them to the following link:

»complaint.ic3.gov/update

I had the same email like everyone in this forum described.

I initially emailed shirlene.stephen @ yahoo.com in reply to CRAIGSLIST Posting ID: 4229402427

$950 / 4br - 1425ft² - Property in Lovely Community Renting At Once* (Hilo)

I recieved a reply from this email shortly: moniquepanagopoulous@yahoo.com

We appreciate your interest in our property for rent.
The home we have available for rent right now is a 4 bedroom 4.5 bath with garage in an amazing area. The rental has a washing machine and dryer.
There have not been any pets in the property so there are no smells, stains or odors. The property is pet friendly with no breed restrictions, we do not charge a fee or require a deposit but if your pet damages the property you are responsible for repairs.
To rent our property we require the following:
1. A valid Driver's License or Photo ID
2. The first months rent
3. Completed background check for each applicant
4. Lease Agreement (month to month, 6 months or 1 year), I will bring this to the viewing
You can complete the background check online using Rental Verified: link.
This is an affordable way for me to screen applicants based on previous tenant history and employment information. If you have a criminal record or poor tenant history, I'm flexible and I will help you out.
This property rents quickly, contact me when you have your background check and are ready to schedule a viewing. It is in a .pdf, you can print it and bring to the viewing or email it to me.
What is the best contact number for you? Are you available tomorrow?
I will be available tomorrow, Sunday morning.

Monique

----------------
I will report them to craigslist officials asap and also list them through the fraudulent claims depart link that I provided at the top. As well as add a separate claim for that website RentalVerified!

Don't fall for it! Like mama said If it sounds to good to be true then it probably is! Trust your instinct!

System

This topic has been closed. Reason: More suitable topic exists

See: »[Scam] Tenant Verified Scam