share rss forum feed

parrelium

join:2005-07-31
Abbotsford, BC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·TELUS

1 edit

With the new firmware, there's a lot of new options...

My favorite...

Is this number for real, cuz i'm down for 140/50

There is also an option for a storage device. Is plugging in an external drive actually an option now? I can't get anything to happen when I do.

Does this have anything to do with the external drive?

Tornado15550

join:2012-12-16
Canada

1 recommendation

There are a lot of features added....except the one feature users really want on this particular forum - the ability to enable bridge mode.
Also, root and tech accounts don't work anymore (reset doesn't fix this), so those who have already bridged their Actiontec, should avoid this update.

parrelium

Abbotsford, BC
Reviews:
·TELUS

Yeah, I have so far no need or interest in bridging. I only use wifi for phones and the iPad, and as a wired router it holds up well. Slapped a couple of switches in other rooms, and it's all good. I usually have 10-15 wired devices connected at any given time, and I think I've rebooted maybe 3 times in the 3 years I've had this router. The only real issue is having 2 xboxes.. Only one can be port forwarded.

WhosTheBosch

join:2009-12-02
reply to parrelium

Is that a single line, bonded or GPON?

jtl999
CEO of Team Classified

join:2012-11-24
In the GVRD
kudos:4

It's single line. Bonded has different line stats and GPON has none other then WAN connection IP and DHCP stuff. (I think)

parrelium

Abbotsford, BC
reply to parrelium

Yeah it's single. I've always had a very good connection. Dslam is three houses down.

ask

@telus.net

I am downtown Vancouver and have not seen the firmware update. When will this update happen?

Tornado15550

Canada

said by ask :

I am downtown Vancouver and have not seen the firmware update. When will this update happen?

There is no way to force the firmware update. Resetting or rebooting the V1000H may or may not install the update.
Usually this happens automatically, and it can be as early as tonight, or as late as 2-3 months later.

Qcuser

@globetrotter.net

I have order the HUAWEI HG610 VDSL2/ADSL2...

»www.ebay.ca/itm/NEW-HUAWEI-HG610···6&_uhb=1

I will give you feedback for user with tv optik and internet... normally modem will work !

for the price is really cheap...

ynohtna
Need... Speed

join:2005-02-02
Burnaby, BC

Cool, I guess it would be way lower powered than the actiontech I currently have, flashed with stock actiontec firmware.
--
Telus ADSL User Since 1999

ask

@telus.net
reply to parrelium

What does the new firmware fix?

Tornado15550

Canada

said by ask :

What does the new firmware fix?

The new firmware has successfully eradicated world hunger and poverty. There is also world peace thanks to the latest update.

Jokes aside, TELUS doesn't release changelogs so there is no way to know exactly what was fixed.

zajacz

join:2002-09-21
Edmonton, AB
kudos:2
reply to parrelium

Can't the Telus techs on here tell us what exactly was fixed in this update or do they also not have access to that info?