Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

Eagles football NE style

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Best game ever calling it snowwhere ball.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
join:2001-06-11
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

I watched that game. The Lions fumbled the ball 7 times. Once at the 12 yard line and again at the 7 yard line.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

Its was the most exciting game i ever witnessed. Doubt i will ever see a back run for over 200 yds in a quarter again. It was truly a treat to watch shady run over and around the lions. Detroits seven fumbles did indeed help the cause tho.

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

That is been one of the Loins problems. They fumbles the ball or dropped passes. That gas caused them at least 2 or 3 games.
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

rody_44

Premium Member

Click for full size
In fairness tho a lot of them fumbles were bumbled snaps because of noise. That stadium was a lot louder than normal. I guess stafford cant play under center? Sure didnt make sense he stayed in the shotgun with the problems he was having handling the snaps. Click on that gif and see how funny his face looks as the ball passes by him. I think it will work anyway. Hillarious.

Domane
Premium Member
join:2013-04-18

Domane to rody_44

Premium Member

to rody_44
A weather preview of the next Super Bowl in the outdoor stadium at East Rutherford, New Jersey? (Stupidest choice for a Super Bowl ever?)

Someday they will have domes on all NFL stadiums. Until then ...

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger to rody_44

Premium Member

to rody_44
I remember watching a snow bowl back in the late 80's or early 90's. I believe it was in Buffalo. Their was no blowing of the line markers. Some one took a small snow plow and cleared the snow so Buffalo could kick a field goal.

Domane
Premium Member
join:2013-04-18

Domane

Premium Member

said by Caddyroger:

I remember watching a snow bowl back in the late 80's or early 90's. I believe it was in Buffalo. Their was no blowing of the line markers. Some one took a small snow plow and cleared the snow so Buffalo could kick a field goal.

The game that you are thinking about is probably the Patriots game in Foxboro back in 1982. It wasn't just a matter of clearing the lines. The stadium's snowplow operator cleared an area or "spot" on the snowy field specifically for the New England kicker so he could kick the winning field goal.

The game actually known as "The Snow Plow Game."

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

said by Domane:

said by Caddyroger:

The game that you are thinking about is probably the Patriots game in Foxboro back in 1982. It wasn't just a matter of clearing the lines. The stadium's snowplow operator cleared an area or "spot" on the snowy field specifically for the New England kicker so he could kick the winning field goal.

The game actually known as "The Snow Plow Game."

Thanks that probably was the game
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to rody_44

Premium Member

to rody_44
That must of have been a hell of an experience to see that in person. It was fun watching it on TV that's for sure. Thanks for the pics

ILpt4U
Premium Member
join:2006-11-12
Saint Louis, MO
ARRIS TM822
Asus RT-N66

1 edit

ILpt4U

Premium Member

I had Sunday Ticket glued to that Lions/Eagles game -- one for the NFC North implications (can't believe FOX Chicago took the Packers game over the Lions game, but whatever), but also that weather was fun to watch.

And Thank You, Eagles! Keeping Da Bears hanging in this thing... *EDIT* and we repaid the favor, dealing the 'Boys one for the Loss Column

Caddyroger
Premium Member
To the west

Caddyroger

Premium Member

said by ILpt4U:

I had Sunday Ticket glued to that Lions/Eagles game -- one for the NFC North implications (can't believe FOX Chicago took the Packers game over the Lions game, but whatever), but also that weather was fun to watch.

And Thank You, Eagles! Keeping Da Bears hanging in this thing... *EDIT* and we repaid the favor, dealing the 'Boys one for the Loss Column

I set my pc and tv up to watch the Lions and Eagles game. A screen came up saying by NFL rules that the game can not showed. I check the tv schedule and fox was showing it. I lost about 2 hrs of sleep because of it.
Now it down to the Lions 2 wins for the tie breaker.
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

2 edits

rody_44 to ILpt4U

Premium Member

to ILpt4U
Da bears did indeed repay it with spades. Congrats on keeping your season alive and putting our destiny in our hands. Whichever wins out gets first place. Impossible for both to do so adios its our turn. All forgotten next week.
rody_44

3 edits

rody_44 to Happydude32

Premium Member

to Happydude32
It was one hell of a experience. Im 54 and saw a hell of a lot of games in my life. This is the one i die remembering. Considering i lived to see both miracle of the meadowlands and the fog ball thats saying pretty much. Watching shady run over the lions beats them all in my book. The only disappointment in the game was watching jackson return kicks or should i say never even take his hands out of his pockets during the kicks. The game itself was one hell of a treat. This is the way football is supposed to be played. Im a Eagles fan, I dont get to remember any superball wins. The only memories i get is great individual games and or seasons. The football gods just hate us. In hind site maybe it was a bad idea to throw snowballs at santa clause.
rody_44

3 edits

rody_44 to Domane

Premium Member

to Domane
Our stadium is new and i think the giants is also. We dont want no dam dome. Im fine with clubhouse tickets on the 50 yard line. Those picture are from the clubhouse level. Its nice and toasty in there. All though my arthritis kicked up big time as i take the train down and had a hour wait after the game on the platform to get home . I doubt there will be snow at the biggy, but if there is its gonna be good.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to rody_44

Premium Member

to rody_44
As usual the guys at NFL Films did an excellent job putting film together for the highlights for Inside The NFL from the Lions/Eagles game. They offered a unique perspective what is was like at the time to play in those conditions.

Man, I hope with all of my heart that the Super Bowl at the Medowlands makes last weeks Philly game look like a sunny day at the beach. I hope it snows like a motherfucker on 2/2 in East Rutherford. It would be nice if all of these cold areas would get Super Bowls. Foxborough, Cleveland, Heinz Field, Philly, M&T Stadium, The Frozen Tundra, Landover, Mile High, the CLink. Enough with these pansy climate controlled domes and warm weather cities. If they're going to play in Tampa or the Superdome, might as well put a skit on the players and declare it a tie.
rody_44
Premium Member
Quakertown, PA

1 edit

rody_44

Premium Member

I agree, football and adverse conditions go together like peanut butter and jelly. Dreamin of a super bowl with 8 inches of snow and nothing but offsides, false starts, and illegal hits called as penalties. That would be a super bowl to remember.