no-shill zone
Premium Member
join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA

rolfp to Domane

Premium Member

to Domane

Re: [Auto] Danica Patrick

She had 5 dnfs, completed 94% of the laps, her average start was 30, average finish 26, not that bad for a rookie but I really don't care. Neither you nor any of the other armchair Barney Oldfields crying about this non-issue could do what she does. Sucks to be you, I guess.

Domane
Premium Member
join:2013-04-18

Domane

Premium Member

said by rolfp:

She had 5 dnfs, completed 94% of the laps, her average start was 30, average finish 26, not that bad for a rookie but I really don't care. Neither you nor any of the other armchair Barney Oldfields crying about this non-issue could do what she does. Sucks to be you, I guess.

LOL.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned) to rolfp

to rolfp
said by rolfp:

It's not about comparing her skills to to forum participants. Leave that at the door. It is about comparing her skills and results to other drivers. She drives championship quality cars with mediocre results. The day her sponsor stops paying is the day she is out of Cup. I don't see that happening though.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74

Premium Member

Nope, it's the ogle factor.

rolfp
no-shill zone
Premium Member
Oakland, CA

rolfp to drslash

Premium Member

to drslash
said by drslash:

It's not about comparing her skills to to forum participants.

That's about putting things in perspective. A little more perspective: The vaunted male "successful" transplant from open wheel, Montoya ranked 21st and won $4,847,783 with 0 poles, after 7 years in Nascar. Patrick was 27th, earning $3,411,110 and a pole. I also have to wonder why "forum participants" are making such a big stink about only her mediocrity. I guess it's because they imagine they could take her in a fist fight.

--
Republicans call giving 3/4 trillion dollars of taxpayer monies without strings to bail out Wall Street, "Small Government".
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

said by rolfp:

said by drslash:

That's about putting things in perspective. A little more perspective: The vaunted male "successful" transplant from open wheel, Montoya ranked 21st and won $4,847,783 with 0 poles, after 7 years in Nascar. Patrick was 27th, earning $3,411,110 and a pole. I also have to wonder why "forum participants" are making such a big stink about only her mediocrity. I guess it's because they imagine they could take her in a fist fight.

Good comparison. Montoya has lost his Cup ride.

rolfp
no-shill zone
Premium Member
Oakland, CA

rolfp

Premium Member

said by drslash:

Good comparison. Montoya has lost his Cup ride.

Sure and in 5 or 6 more years might be a more seemly time to start whining about Patrick's continued mediocrity. If you're interested in comparisons.

Domane
Premium Member

1 edit

Domane

Premium Member

Lets take a look at Ms. Patrick's professional career in not just NASCAR but her entire career. Her professional racing career began in 1998/99. In the next six years between then and 2005 she competed in various organizations and cars:

She entered or competed in 45 races. She won 0 races and won 0 poles.

In 2005 she began her career in the Indy Care Series. She raced there until 2008.

She entered and competed in 65 races. She won 1* race and won 3 poles.

In 2009 and 2010 she hopped around in various venues, organizations, and cars including NASCAR Nationwide:

She entered 33 races. She won 0 races and 0 poles.

In 2011 she began her full-time career in NASCAR starting with the Nationwide Series:

She had 45 races and she won 0 times and had 0 poles.

In 2012 she entered the NASCAR Sprint Series: In the 10 races she competed in she won 0 races and 1 pole. (Pole won in restrictor plate race.)

So lets summarize: In her career since 1998/99 she has 1* win and 4 poles while competing in 188 races.

*The one win came in an Indy Car Series Race in which many of the top drivers did not compete as on that weekend there was another more major Indy Car Race where many of the top drivers competed in instead of the one that Ms. Patrick won.

So, in 188 races she has one win. One! That one win was nearly seven years ago.

When you Google Danica Patrick you get on the hit page 7 pictures of her in bikinis or other similar theme dress and two pictures of her in racing uniform.

We all know why she is racing for a good team in the NASCAR Sprint Series.

The ONLY person "whining" about her is you. Everyone else is backing up her full record with facts based solely upon her racing career and her performance in it.

The facts above speak for themselves. No opinions are needed to evaluate Ms. Patrick.

rolfp
no-shill zone
Premium Member
Oakland, CA

rolfp

Premium Member

Wait. What? Wow. That's an hour and a half of a wasted life you won't be getting back. If you say so. Like I said, I don't really care. Good luck with that whole "Making it real for Nascar" thing.

Domane
Premium Member

Domane

Premium Member

said by rolfp:

Wait. What? Wow. That's an hour and a half of a wasted life you won't be getting back. If you say so. Like I said, I don't really care. Good luck with that whole "Making it real for Nascar" thing.

LOL. I don't consider it a waste of time to quote facts and to educate someone that is interested.
Domane

Domane to rolfp

Premium Member

to rolfp
said by rolfp:

said by drslash:

That's about putting things in perspective. A little more perspective: The vaunted male "successful" transplant from open wheel, Montoya ranked 21st and won $4,847,783 with 0 poles, after 7 years in Nascar. Patrick was 27th, earning $3,411,110 and a pole.

The highlights of Juan Pablo Montoya include wins in the International F3000 championship in 1998, and the CART FedEx Championship Series in 1999. He also has victories in some of the most prestigious races in the world.

He is the only driver to have won the premier North American open-wheel CART title, the Indianapolis 500 and the 24 Hours of Daytona, all at the first attempt. Montoya is one of two drivers to have won the CART title in his rookie year, the first being Formula One World Champion Nigel Mansell in 1993.

He has also equalled Graham Hill's feat of being a Monaco Grand Prix and Indianapolis 500 race winner; Montoya is currently one of only two active drivers (along with Jacques Villeneuve) who has won two legs of the Triple Crown of Motorsport.

Montoya has also become a crossover race winner by winning races (starting in each case in his rookie year) in Formula One, CART, IndyCar, Grand-Am and NASCAR.

In 2014 he is leaving NASCAR and returning to Indy racing where he will be a driver for the top team in the sport, Penske.

"The Times Online" named him as one of the top 30 Formula One (F1) drivers of all time.