uniqs
share rss forum feed

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5

Is My Account Hacked?

I got a system message that says a post of mine was deleted. "It was identified as a friendly delete hopefully one you requested, or required."

What the...?? I did NOT ask for a post to be deleted and I have no knowledge of one that "required" deletion.

The system/mod did not provide a copy of the post and since it has been deleted there is no way for me to find it even though the IM gave a post number but the post is deleted so a site search does nothing to enlighten me as to what was deleted that SUPPOSEDLY I asked to have deleted. Hence, my title to this thread. Has my account been hacked?

Or could this possibly have to do with »What happened?
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

justin
..needs sleep
Australian
join:1999-05-28
kudos:15
Reviews:
·iiNet

Your post was in the topic
»[WIN8] Installing As An Administrator Question
if it was marked as a 'friendly delete' is might be either because the moderator is giving you a break rather than supplying the real reason, or it was collateral damage.

linicx
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2002-12-03
United State
Reviews:
·TracFone Wireless
·CenturyLink
reply to Mele20

I know of a forum where mentioning Admin or Mod in a post for any reason is an automatic delete. The policy is in the TOS the member agreed to during the registration.

I have not read the DSLR TOS for a long time. I probably should.
--
Mac: No windows, No Gates, Apple inside

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to justin

Thanks. I could have figured it out if I had read all threads with new replies before I read the system message. Plus, if my post had been included in the system message then I would have understood also.

It was a friendly delete. There are three posts together in the thread that were "hidden" and mine was in the middle - listed as a friendly delete. The other two were listed as "personal attacks" both by the same person. I guess I should have used HeyMods instead of replying to the person's first post. I was polite but I did call them several times on their factual inaccuracies and attempts to smear two excellent Windows vendors using inaccurate information. (The person has done this before here and does it to try to get at me so I was remiss in not using HeyMods). Evidently, that person replied a second and I didn't see see the reply as I was sleeping and then a mod deleted all three posts.

--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

nwrickert
sand groper
Premium,MVM
join:2004-09-04
Geneva, IL
kudos:7
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

said by Mele20:

It was a friendly delete. There are three posts together in the thread that were "hidden" and mine was in the middle - listed as a friendly delete. The other two were listed as "personal attacks" both by the same person.

So this is the new version of the old "poof" message.
--
AT&T Uverse; Buffalo WHR-300HP router (behind the 2wire gateway); openSuSE 12.3; firefox 24.0