spc
uniqs
DarkSithPro (banned)
join:2005-02-12
Tempe, AZ

DarkSithPro (banned) to aurgathor

to aurgathor

Re: MS may be bringing back the "Start menu" in 8.2

So they're going to bring back the Windows 7 start menu to windows 8, in return it will make it function like Windows 7 again, but you just upgraded from 7 to 8? Ok, I'm confused. What is the point of Windows 8 again? It seems to me Microsoft fucked up big time. They took a good OS and made it worse appearance wise.
OZO
Premium Member
join:2003-01-17

OZO

Premium Member

It's not called a "fucked up big time". It's called a new marketing strategy...

You can see that right after WXP was introduced to the market. They start shuffle the features -- remove some for a while, then return them back, while removing others... The process could be continued indefinitely, bringing new money without any innovation whatsoever. It's well known approach in marketing circles.
iknow_t
join:2012-05-03

iknow_t to DarkSithPro

to DarkSithPro
said by DarkSithPro:

So they're going to bring back the Windows 7 start menu to windows 8, in return it will make it function like Windows 7 again, but you just upgraded from 7 to 8? Ok, I'm confused. What is the point of Windows 8 again? It seems to me Microsoft fucked up big time. They took a good OS and made it worse appearance wise.

win 7 is near perfect. win 8 was introduced solely to try to make more money for Microsoft. maybe someone needs a new yacht or mansion, and they need new funds for that..

DownTheShore
Pray for Ukraine
Premium Member
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ

1 recommendation

DownTheShore

Premium Member

said by iknow_t:

win 7 is near perfect.

I seem to remember folks saying that about WinXP, too...

The most perfect OS is always seems to be the one a person is the most familiar with.
dave
Premium Member
join:2000-05-04
not in ohio

3 recommendations

dave to iknow_t

Premium Member

to iknow_t
said by iknow_t:

win 8 was introduced solely to try to make more money for Microsoft.

As compared to the previous releases, which were done for altruistic reasons?