join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

to Fir_Na_Tine

Re: Godzilla Trailer

»www.scified.com/site/god ··· scovered
quote:
New Godzilla (2014) Viral 'MUTO' Files Discovered!

»mutoresearch.net/

M.U.T.O. Research site goes live.

Boricua
Premium Member
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

Boricua to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
I saw that commercial and thought it was cute and funny.

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord to Packeteers

to Packeteers
said by Packeteers:

science reality has ruined this movie for me

TigerLord

3 recommendations

TigerLord to Fir_Na_Tine

to Fir_Na_Tine
Epic new trailer

»youtu.be/64c6VLNJQiE

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I have yet to see a trailer on the big screen. Unlike a few other movies that seem to have trailers released at least 4 months before the movie hits.
Hopefully it's because they are trying to keep things under wraps for the big reveal.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

Saw a preview for it yesterday before the Captain America movie. Haven't really been following along but I new pretty quickly what it must be for Looked kind of fun if you're into that

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

It might be a theater thing then, as I haven't seen it yet other then the internet.

Boricua
Premium Member
Sacramuerto

Boricua to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
Beat me to it .

mackey
Premium Member
join:2007-08-20

1 edit

mackey to Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

to Fir_Na_Tine
So, I managed to catch a screening last night (in the Chinese Theatre in Hollywood no less) and as a non-Godzilla person I thought it wasn't bad. If the humans had just left the monsters alone to duke it out it would of been much better for them. As it is I think (on the US side at least) they did WAY more damage to themselves then the monsters did. On a side note the HALO jump with flares had a good explanation - the Mutos released EMPs which took out any plane or other vehicle within 30k feet and I'm assuming the flares were so they didn't collide in midair as they were going through some pretty dark clouds. As for the ending I'm not convinced all the eggs were destroyed; there were quite a few of them there.

/M

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100
(Software) Asuswrt-Merlin

2 edits

Packeteers to Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

to Fir_Na_Tine
when picking a theatre this week, you may want to consider this article;
»www.cinemablend.com/new/ ··· 967.html
no spoilers here - not to worry. I'm going to see this Monday in 3D IMAX

reviews so far are a mixed bag, but I'm going to see it anyway,
it's too dark lit a movie for a viewable cam/torrent version

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil to Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

to Fir_Na_Tine
OMG!!!!!
The fam and I saw the movie and all 4 of us agree....
Awesome sauce. The movie has it's weak moments, but gawd damn..... mudder awesome treatment to the Godzilla franchise.
I hope there are more.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

1 edit

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Ya we just got back from seeing it.....not too bad.

A little cheesy with some of the monster face to face meetings with Ford.

7/10

captokita
Premium Member
join:2005-02-22
Calabash, NC

captokita to Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

to Fir_Na_Tine
We just saw this today. I can't say I'm a big Godzilla fan, but my wife is, she's a "Creature Double-feature" gal of the 80s after all.

We both thought it was decent. I wouldn't say it was great, but I would say it's worth seeing on a big screen. There were elements throughout I thought brought it down some, because they were just too obnoxiously out there. I know, we can believe giant monsters but not *insert B.S. here*?

Do the MUTO's emit just a emp BURST, or FIELD? Because I thought it was burst, but the end insinuates a field, which goes against what was seen earlier in the film. Convenient obstacles with their convenient work-arounds just reek of bad plot.

I will admit, 2 things that made me think "This is frickin awesome!" was when you first see Godzilla and he roars, then when he blasts fire .

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I've been watching some of the older Godzilla movies, after seeing the new one.
I have to say the new one is on par with the old movies. I found the human story line in the old Godzilla movies semi interesting, just like I did in the new one.
But the monster fights made up for the boring story lines.

Now about your nit picks, I dunno what they said. They being the people in the movie. Though in the back of my head I felt it was pure BS that military grade fighter jets and armor would be subject to an emp pulse/field. But hey, it was their wimpy power, compared to Godzilla's fire My kids thought it was stupid to have the military keep wasting ammo on monsters that didn't seem to care if they were being shot by rifles, tanks, or missiles, Same here, but again, that's what they did in the old movies as well
Snakeoil

Snakeoil to Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

to Fir_Na_Tine

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· jETpwubA

captokita
Premium Member
Calabash, NC

1 recommendation

captokita to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
One of the things I couldn't help but laugh at was when the military was shooting at Godzilla, I mean, seriously, you supposedly dropped a friggin nuke on him and it didn't kill him, so do you REALLY think your little rifle is going to do anything????

Now granted, the grunts wouldn't know they dropped a nuke on him, but the higher ups would, and they should've said "Don't bother shooting at them!"

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

2 recommendations

TigerLord to Fir_Na_Tine

to Fir_Na_Tine
Just came back from the theater.

It was a very worthy and entertaining blockbuster. The beginning is too slow to my liking, I don't think you even see Godzilla before an hour has passed, but the build-up that leads to the reveal is nice, and the final fight was very entertaining.

The entire family subplot felt extremely forced, though. I understand Hollywood likes its formulas and needs a white American hero in movies like this to vomit their "'MURICA IS STRONG" message every 15 minutes, but the real hero is Godzilla, and I wish the focus had been on him.

captokita
Premium Member
Calabash, NC

captokita to Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

to Fir_Na_Tine
You know, another part I laughed at because I thought it dumb, was when they're on the ship, Godzilla Jaws appears with his spikes above the water line, zooming towards the coast (and the ship) but just before he hits the ship, he dives under it, only to resurface on the other side......... huh? Why would he do that? Wouldn't it have made more of an impact of how badass he is if he just sliced right through the middle of the ship with his spikes? Why would he dive? Or rather, why even be above the waterline at all? There was no reason for that, aside from a bad Jaws reference to how big he is by swimming under the ship. I'm surprised no one used the "We're gonna need a bigger boat!" line here too.

Snakeoil
Premium Member
united state

Snakeoil

Premium Member

I think they tried to make this Godzilla a "good" Godzilla. Meaning he wasn't trying to hurt humans deliberately. In some of the Godzilla movies he only destroys things when he is attacked or attacking other monsters. And in others he is happily attempting to flatten Tokyo, until Mothra stops him.

Boricua
Premium Member
Sacramuerto

Boricua to Fir_Na_Tine

Premium Member

to Fir_Na_Tine
Just saw it last Sunday and utterly loved it. Now THAT is how the Godzilla movie should be. As to the reference of how there's that human element/it's too slow until the monster(s) arrive, the director was using the same formula as most of the the Godzilla movies of the 60s and 70s.