Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

4 edits

Davesnothere

Premium Member

Re: My Observations So Far, Part 2

....Continuing :

In this next-linked post from the current thread, I issued some compliments to Yahoo's then-new interface.

»Yahoo's & Microsoft's Free WebMails

PLEASE do understand that this post was made during September 2013, regarding the Yahoo WebMail interface which was first introduced in Dec 2012 as an option, and subsequently forced upon us in July 2013 (and which included the TABs about which we are hearing a lot of laments about losing lately), and was NOT about their newest interface, which itself was forced onto us WITH ZERO WARNING during Oct 2013, and which as NO TABs and has significant reliability issues (aka bugs).

=============================

This post and thread is a work in progress, and I will be adding info about the below providers ASAP :

Inbox.com (Free and Paid) inbox.com (UK / US)

Zoho Personal (Free) and Zoho Business/Organization (Free and Paid) zoho.com (India / US)

RunBox (Paid) runbox.com (Norway)

FastMail (Paid) fastmail.fm (Australia / US) now is owned by the Opera browser people, AFAIK

EuMX (Paid) eumx.net (Budapest, Hungary)

= = = = =

IMAP - general access, and importing/migration - what I have learned so far about IMAP vs POP

= = = = =

Some well-known WebMail Interfaces used by some providers :

RoundCube

SquirrelMail

=============================
Davesnothere

1 edit

Davesnothere

Premium Member

This page (and its linked branches) seems to be useful to some degree :

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Co ··· roviders
Davesnothere

4 edits

Davesnothere

Premium Member

One more paid provider to add is PolarisMail of Montreal, Canada.

They start at $12 per year, paid in advance.

Mailboxes start at 25GB.

There are multiple choices of WebMail interface, including the popular open-source RoundCube.

Also there is new provider Vivaldi of Iceland, run by former Opera Mail folks, as Opera Mail is shutting down (or already has).

So far, Vivaldi is FREE, with a 5GB capacity mailbox, and uses the RoundCube WebMail interface.

They have free discussion board and blog services too.

For anyone who does not want their mail to be on a server in USA, both of these qualify.

(BTW, otherwise respected and popular FastMail of AU has their servers in USA, and is once again no longer part of the Opera company.)