uniqs

koan00
@metrocast.net

koan00 to avolation

Anon

to avolation

Re: speed increases

Another MD checking with SB 6121..

Of course, yesterday I was only hitting 15MBps down the system was so over loaded at prime time.

billh491
join:2001-08-09
Portland, CT

billh491 to avolation

to avolation
SB6121 here as well.

jrobert69
How High?
Premium Member
join:2001-05-19
Las Vegas, NV

jrobert69 to avolation

Premium Member

to avolation
»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 5930.png

billh491
Portland, CT

billh491 to avolation

to avolation
Is it just me but my upload is 3.79 never get in to the 4's
NetworkNH
join:2009-08-10
Northwood, NH

NetworkNH to avolation

to avolation
I've noticed the same as well, and wonder why some people have gotten into the high 4's?

N3CAL
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL to billh491

Premium Member

to billh491
I've noticed the same also! I've also just noticed my line quality all of a sudden has a new issue since the speed increase. My low, medium, and high bandwith speed tests are all failing?????
NetworkNH
Northwood, NH

NetworkNH to avolation

to avolation
Can you post some results? I just did a speedtest and came up with this (not bad for this time of night):

jcantara
join:2009-01-25
Tilton, NH

jcantara to avolation

to avolation
Seems okay here, too.

N3CAL
Premium Member
join:2005-04-27
Lexington Park, MD

N3CAL to avolation

Premium Member

to avolation
Looks good today:

koan00
@metrocast.net

koan00 to N3CAL

Anon

to N3CAL
Same thing happened last year. The techs I spoke to said that basically marketing comes up with the new speeds and they all implement whether or not the system can actually cope or not.
quantumred
join:2010-01-05
East Lyme, CT

quantumred to avolation

to avolation
I'm also seeing 50+ down, and 3+ but not 4 in East Lyme. Had the 35/2 package. The upload speed seems inconsistent so maybe it will improve during non peak hours.

koan00
@metrocast.net

koan00 to koan00

Anon

to koan00
Just upgraded to the 6141 from the 6121. I went from 4 bonded to 6 bonded on the down (still only 2 bonded up?). Really helped the speeds during prime time. I just tested at 25-35 consistently with the 6121, installed the 6141, rand the test again and got 52 right way.
jcantara
Tilton, NH

jcantara

Well, I guess I know what I'm going to buy with any Amazon giftcards I get for xmas this year.

billh491
Portland, CT

billh491 to avolation

to avolation
So I am getting my full down load of 50 both on bursts like speed test and long term when I am downloading my podcasts. But my upload speed has never been better then 3.79. I have seen others with the same modem get in to the 4's so I know it is not my modem. I have seen one post from the south CT system that got 4+ so I know it is not CT but could be just the North end of CT which I am in.

Anyone in the plainfield ct area and north getting the full upload speed?
quantumred
join:2010-01-05
East Lyme, CT

quantumred to avolation

to avolation
I've never seen 4 on upload. The best I get is around 3.7.

jcantara
Tilton, NH

jcantara to avolation

to avolation
Hooked up my 6141 and now I've got 6 bonded down, but still just 1 channel for upstream. According to the tech I called to switch out the modems, Metrocast has configured a second channel in my area but hasn't made it active yet. Might get made active "soon".

I'm now seeing better speeds during peak times, but not quite the full 50 100% of the time. My upstream has also stopped hitting 5 like a lot of the other people in this thread have been saying. Even off-peak it seems to be limited to 3.5+ with occasional readings above 4.
avolation
join:2012-07-28
Starkville, MS

avolation

7pm, saturday night. My download drops for an hour or two at night, not very far though. My upload seems to stay rock steady at 5.2. I guess that's one of the good things about living in the middle of nowhere in MS.

I do get 8 down/3 up bonded with my SB6580, but its been this way for the year I've had it.

I wish you folks luck in getting that faster upload speed soon.

icedcorn
IcedCorn
Premium Member
join:2007-07-08
Rochester, NH

icedcorn

Premium Member

My upstream still blows but downstream is pretty awesome.

koan00
@metrocast.net

koan00

Anon

What are your power levels etc? ( »192.168.100.1/cmSignal.htm )

icedcorn
IcedCorn
Premium Member
Rochester, NH

icedcorn

Premium Member

Click for full size
Modem speed.
Attached.
jcantara
Tilton, NH

jcantara to avolation

to avolation
Is anyone seeing the 5Mb upload speeds anymore? I've been testing at various times of day throughout the last week or so and mine hasn't gone above 3.8 once.
NetworkNH
Northwood, NH

NetworkNH to avolation

to avolation
None here, 3.8 is my max too. I wonder if Metrocast throttled down the upload a bit?

nelamvr6
High-End Headphoniac
Premium Member
join:2000-11-28
New London, CT

nelamvr6 to jcantara

Premium Member

to jcantara
I get to 4.6 regularly.

billh491
Portland, CT

billh491 to avolation

to avolation
Stuck at 3.79 here in NE CT only have one upstream channel wonder if they need to have bonded to get higher. Do you have one or two upstream nelamvr6?
avolation
join:2012-07-28
Starkville, MS

avolation to jcantara

to jcantara
Still seeing 5.2 steady. But I'm stuck down here in lowly mississippi. In a 30 mile radius I only know of 5-10 people that get metrocast internet over AT&T's super fast 6mbps! (gotta love advertising)

Atleast they finally updated metrocast.com to show 50down/5up today or yesterday.

But yeh, I believe y'all just need to get on metrocast about bonding more upstream channels in your area, we have 3 down here (with sbg6580).

icedcorn
IcedCorn
Premium Member
Rochester, NH

icedcorn

Premium Member

I'm not getting upload speeds anywhere near 2, let alone 5. Downstream is pretty good though -- solid high 40s...sometimes 50+

jsz0
Premium Member
join:2008-01-23
Jewett City, CT

jsz0 to avolation

Premium Member

to avolation
Been a while since I posted here. I just wanted to say for my folks in NE CT help is on the way. The whole 'quiet corner' thing apparently does not apply to bits of data.
jcantara
Tilton, NH

jcantara to avolation

to avolation
I've been calling in once a week to report the upload speed problem in my part of NH: A single channel of upstream and something, somewhere, is capping the uploads to 3.8. I've even tried testing at 2 in the morning, and they don't go above 3.8 anymore. I got the full 5 a few times, just after the change in December, but ever since then something changed, it's been locked well under that.

Apparently it's a known issue and they've forwarded it on to the right department, but when it comes to these things the squeaky wheel often gets the grease.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to jsz0

Premium Member

to jsz0
said by jsz0:

Been a while since I posted here. I just wanted to say for my folks in NE CT help is on the way. The whole 'quiet corner' thing apparently does not apply to bits of data.

Good to see you again jsz0, i was wondering the other day where you have been hiding.

koan00
@metrocast.net

koan00

Anon

Minor update.. in maryland, it looks like they changed configuration and moved from 6 streams down to 8 streams down. Still only 2 upstream though.