join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to puppy

Premium Member

to puppy

Re: Absölution

said by puppy:

Ah shucks thanks XD

That was weird though - one of the pug DPS was a lock and he joined the raid, then he said "sorry too many locks" and left. Our loot was personal so not sure what he was thinking...

And there was this one mage that burned seals on every boss...

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

Well he was a Fire mage. He wasn't going to freeze them for later use after all...

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

1 edit

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Why did blizz change fire so much? it used to be that crit was the top secondary, but now its mastery (per icyvains.)
»www.domain-logix.net/asp ··· ur4VB6X!

puppy
join:2010-01-28
San Diego, CA

puppy

I have a Panda mage sitting in Stormwind at level 12. Assuming full BOAs should I level frost or fire? Seems like as a frost mage I'll be casting frostbolt (and only that) for like 99 levels :P

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Up to you, I leveled as fire but that was back in Wrath.
since then I do level as fire but for awhile I went frost because I got pushed into it by a guild that I was raiding with (Never again)

I have a Worgen Priest sitting in Lunarfall at 91 gonna level it holy.

Carpie
united state

Carpie to puppy

to puppy
Depends on how you plan on leveling it. If you are going to level through questing, Frost is your better option as you have better crowd controls. If you are going to level through dungeons, either is fine.

Blockgorilla
Sarcasm is my native tongue
join:2010-02-11
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

it used to be that crit was the top secondary, but now its mastery (per icyvains.)

it's all the buffs they gave to crit for the beginning of the xpac. It's also taking into effect the tier 2/4 set bonus's's so your crit is artificially inflated plus you have much more control over priming a pyroblast so mastery tips the scales instead of crit now.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Blockgorilla:

tier 2/4 set bonus's

I don't have any tier yet, and icy says for the bonuses they just change it to upping the weight of haste.

Blockgorilla
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

said by DarkLogix:

said by Blockgorilla:

tier 2/4 set bonus's

I don't have any tier yet, and icy says for the bonuses they just change it to upping the weight of haste.

have you looked anywhere else, i've been seeing mastery > crit > haste=Multistrike everywhere.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Not really as Icy tends to be pretty good.
quote:
The stat priority for a Fire Mage is:
1.Intellect;
2.Haste until 900, if you have the Tier 17 4-piece bonus;
3.Mastery;
4.Critical Strike;
5.Multistrike = Haste;
6.Versatility.

BTW what do you think of my non websensed link?
»www.domain-logix.net/asp ··· ur4VB6X!

Blockgorilla
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla

i forgot about that, it's because of the relationship between the 4pc and prismatic crystal. You're supposed to be able to get off all 4 casts of your 4pc, including travel time onto your prismatic crystal if you have over 900 haste. This is, arguably, a small dps increase on a patchwerk type of fight that only lasts 300 seconds. I can tell you that there isn't a single fight in BRF that is that style of fight or duration of fight so I feel like the this is one of those cases where the simmed numbers don't match real life execution.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well I don't like prismatic crystal.

Blockgorilla
Wichita, KS

Blockgorilla to Carpie

to Carpie
in a perfect situation, you would proc your 4set while casting prismatic crystal
cast 1 - pyro
cast 2 - pyro
cast 3 - pyro
cast 4 - pyro
cast 5 - LB/combustion
cast 6 - Fire Blast
cast 7 - target different mob cast Fire Blast to spread dots back to Prismatic Crystal
cast 8 - prismatic crystal probably already over, not worth casting another non-instant due to travel time.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

Just a quick note to the lurking Absolutionists of the forum that haven't seen the guild MotD yet:

Plan is to start Th night with Norm Man and Arch for the tier/ring upgrades but then switch to heroics.

Feralmordius
join:2011-01-18

Feralmordius

Aren't we missing a few key raiders on Thurs?

qualitybobby
Premium Member
join:2009-12-29
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

Out of curiosity, what time do you guys run? My rogue is pretty geared (Ilvl about 710) and if I am around I could sub in to help you guys fill out a raid if you are short. Let me know and I'll send you my battletag.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

We'd love to have you. Time for our main nights are 8p EST - 11p EST Th and Sunday.

We also do alt runs on Tue/Sat @ ~9pEST. I say approximately because the start times have been a little in flux lately as we try to find what best accomodates people.

My btag is Justice#1960.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby

Premium Member

Cool. My btag is Fron#1400. If I'm ever on, feel free to send me a tell if you need a DPS. My guild raids just Tuesdays 7:30-11:30 EST and I just try to carry them through as much regular as I can.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Feralmordius

Premium Member

to Feralmordius
bad news: Immer will not be available tonight
good news: we usually run healer-heavy so it shouldn't be a big deal for you guys.

Carpie
united state

1 recommendation

Carpie

Bu-bu-but heroic Iskar....

All good. We'll adjust as needed. Thanks for the heads up!

And I'll try not to tunnel as much and take as much damage and/or die.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

I really do like the Iskar fight... so much to track, so much dmg going out... very fun. And that's coming from a holy paladin. I really wish I was on my priest or druid for that fight... but don't have the time to keep more than one healer geared up.

There isn't a single hero in the Iskar hot-potato... while I do hold the potato the longest and have a critical job of dispelling the bomb, Feral is key in interrupting the construct. So, really, as long as he's there, we just need another healer who can watch for the adds to come out and make sure feral has the eye. Feral knows when to toss the eye to a healer for the dispel, and once the bomb is dispelled that healer just needs to get the eye back to Feral.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

I forgot we are doing Archie tonight anyhow. I think healers are optional on that fight.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

that's right... well, a skilled fist-weaver (for revival), druid, and priest are cool for that fight... but trade the must-stand-still healers for dps.
Wishflthinkn
join:2011-01-27
Bruceton Mills, WV

Wishflthinkn to Carpie

to Carpie
Interesting cheese on Fel Lord. Nice progress for the guild now to see if we can continue with it if we do not have the services of Delt. Was nice to get some new kills. All the "Easy" ones are down. All uphill from here. Learned a crap ton last night. It was a blast.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

Definitely. Feels good to be in the top 20 on Wowprogress and on the first page. With 123 active raiding guilds on the server, it certainly is much more competitive than Eredar used to be!

Eumaeus
join:2009-12-10
Seattle, WA

Eumaeus

If you guys are ever in need of a DPS fill-in I'd be happy to come as a guest if you'd have me. I'm currently having to hold off on joining a raid guild since I'm a few weeks out from moving from Virginia to Seattle, WA (which will change my raid time availability quite a bit, haha).

I'm a 709 fury warrior (13/13N, 7/13H - with sub-20% attempts on about 3 more heroics) and am super chill with raid atmosphere. I've just been doing entirely PuGs, which are incredibly hit or miss on both quality and attitude.

qualitybobby
Premium Member
Middleville, NY

qualitybobby to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie
Sorry I wasn't around last week. I had company stop by unexpectedly the first night. That always annoys me when I have game time blocked out!

Carpie
united state

Carpie

I was wondering what happened to you! I saw you had been on about an hour before raid time but off the rest of the night. Maybe we can catch up this week.

Eumaeus
join:2009-12-10
Seattle, WA

Eumaeus to Carpie

to Carpie
Thanks for having me along last night guys, it was a lot of fun!

Energystream
Premium Member
join:2010-04-16
Ridgewood, NY

Energystream

Premium Member

Thanks for coming along. We pick up sunday night if you wanted to continue.