..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28

justin to Grimm

Mod

to Grimm

Re: bf4 on consoles

yeah if the squads work it's better.

I still don't understand promotion of a squad and "field upgrade lost" though.

Grimm
join:2011-05-23

Grimm

said by justin:

yeah if the squads work it's better.

I still don't understand promotion of a squad and "field upgrade lost" though.

I'm not exactly sure on the squad promotion or fast deploy, as in what exactly they do.

However, the "field upgrade lost" that shows up when you are playing as a soldier (ie not commander mode) is that when you and your squad score points, you fill up the little bar on your HUD which contains the 4 perks for your class specialty. When each point is reached on the bar you gain that perk(such as faster sprint, less incoming suppression, more grenades, etc). As long as your squad doesnt get wiped out and atleast 1 person is still alive, it continues to fill up. However, if your squad gets wiped out, the bar empties, to I believe the next lowest perk point(so if you're 1/2 way to perk 3 and your squad gets wiped, the bar empties down to perk 2). I think subsequent wipes will empty it completely, but I'm not too sure.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod

justin

Mod

oh i see so that's what that little green bar is all about.

Wow DICE did a really bad job explaining multiplayer to everyone. No wonder nobody works as a team and miss out on so many easy points.

Grimm

Grimm

Yup. It took me a while to figure some of it out and even after just under 70 hours in MP I still have questions.

The game is a mess, but with the only alternative being COD, I choose to play this rather than twitchy-city

justin
..needs sleep
Mod

justin

Mod

When I get curious about COD I watch some ps4 live streams of addicts. And listen to their chat, and watch their one on one fights. Then I don't get curious anymore.

Grimm

Grimm

Hahaha

I get my curiousity fix by watching my brother kick ass at the game. Sadly, my twitch reflexes just aren't what they used to be.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

justin to Grimm

Mod

to Grimm
On commander: what is the diff between infantry scan and Uav scan? If I ran Uav scan do I need to bother with infantry scan?

With orders, how do you cancel an order that hasn't Ben accepted or is no longer relevant?

When I pick server browser it tries to run a safari URL which then tries to go to the App Store but doesn't find an app so all I can do is be randomly allocated

What does the proxy attack do, what should it be aimed at if possible?

Commander is hard because everything moves too quickly: you can't identify high value targets because it is hard to tell which orange triangle is tearing it up... If I use Evac order, the situation has changed before anyone would care.

What's a good commander score? How do I know that I did ok or not!

Grimm

Grimm

The only difference I noticed is that it's a full battlefield scan vs a little area.

I do not believe you can cancel, but you can just relay another order at any time anyway.

I don't believe I've used the server browser. I just use the quick match type option and if I don't like what pops up I go back and click it again.

Proxy attack doesn't need to be aimed. It's essentially a 15 second EMP to the enemy commander where he can do nothing. This also knocks any cruise missiles out of the sky from what I've noticed.

It definitely does take some getting used to and a lot of times a friendly squad leader in a vehicle looks just like an enemy HVT.

I'd say a good commander score would be anything above 5k on a 64 player game. I've gotten close to 10k before when I was in from the start but I was non-stop doing SOMETHING for the 30 mins the game was going on.

Another tip I'll point out is that an EMP will knock out a cruise missile as well. The game gives you ample time to react to an enemy cruise missile, so just drop your EMP somewhere in its path and it will explode mid-air.

What frustrates me most is that your points are almost completely determined by how well your team plays and does what you tell them to. If you have a shitty team that can't buy a kill, you cannot use your abilities. I've also found that if you spam supply drop as soon as you get it, it's almost like you have to start over to build up to something better. However, if you wait until you can use a fast deploy, for example, a lot of times you'll still be able to use the supply drop after.

There's a lot that goes unexplained in this game which is unfortunate. I'd recommend just keep playing and trying new things and strategies to counter the enemy commander.