uniqs

DrDeke
join:2004-05-18
Ypsilanti, MI
Nokia BGW320-505
Cisco Aironet 3800 AP

DrDeke

ClearQAM Gone in Ypsilanti MI

Some time in the past few weeks, Comcast got around to turning off all ClearQAM transmissions on their system in Ypsilanti MI. Even after a full re-scan, all but one digital channels have no picture or sound; the TV set shows either a blank screen or the word "scrambled." The remaining digital channel says to call to order a digital adapter.

There are still a few analog channels on which color bars are being broadcast; seems like quite the waste of bandwidth there.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

Your area of Michigan may have gone encrypted along with the Grand Rapids area back on Tuesday: »[Content] Re: Report notifications of Limited Basic tier encryption here
psiu
join:2004-01-20
Farmington, MI

psiu to DrDeke

to DrDeke
I just noticed a couple days ago that they were encrypted (Plymouth/Northville area here) -- hadn't used our HDHR for a couple months but wanted to see if it had happened.

FWIW, we've been using Aereo since it launched in the Detroit market (Ypsi counts!) and it's passable, especially if an antenna isn't a realistic option.

DrDeke
join:2004-05-18
Ypsilanti, MI
Nokia BGW320-505
Cisco Aironet 3800 AP

DrDeke

Yeah, I'm pretty sure an antenna won't be feasible here, although I'll give it a shot and see what happens. Aereo seems like a good alternative, although I wish I had a set top box that could stream it directly - my AppleTV doesn't really support it; you have to use AirPlay from a laptop or iOS device.
System

to DrDeke

Anon

to DrDeke
This topic has been closed. Reason: More suitable topic exists

See: »[Content] Report notifications of Limited Basic tier encryption here