Search similar:

uniqs

saultstemari
@shawcable.net

1 edit

saultstemari

Anon

Shaw PVR Function

MY refurbed PVR , has the subscription channels but when I try to use the PVR the onscreen message says to call shaw 1800 number because PVR is currently disabled. When I call local , shaw. They reboot the box and then say there must be a hardware problem with the box. So Sorry. The box id is (removed-tmpchaos) if any shaw techies think they can fix it. The PVR worked in august 2013. In place of PVR , functions ,, the onscreen guide now lists vcr timers instead.

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

When they tried to reboot it, was it successful?

Anonimuz
Premium Member
join:2008-12-08
canada

Anonimuz to saultstemari

Premium Member

to saultstemari
If they reset the PVR and it still did not work, it may be a faulty HDD.
mr nobody
join:2004-12-02

mr nobody to saultstemari

to saultstemari
You really shouldn't post Serial Number's on this page directy...
not unless you want them to not work.

IS the PVR flashing 8888? if so it's dead...

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

kevinds to Anonimuz

Premium Member

to Anonimuz
Or needs to be ripped out of their system and readded, complete reset.

@saultstemari do you hear the hard drive spin up when you power your PVR on?
mr nobody
join:2004-12-02

mr nobody to saultstemari

to saultstemari
I just keep calling shaw, use the local in town number, as long as your a paying customer they will be more then happy to try and work something out for you. They most likely will book a service call and try and work out what's going on at your end. you never know they may offer you a new box just to keep you happy.

You don't know unless you try...

capdjq
Be Kind, Be Calm & Be Safe
Premium Member
join:2000-11-01
Vancouver

capdjq to saultstemari

Premium Member

to saultstemari
It would be nice to know the brand of the PVR. I have had a DCX 3400, for ages, and no problems except the fact that the attached PVR extender always locks up the PVR. But that's been a fault Shaw has never solved.

saultstemari
@69.22.169.x

saultstemari to kevinds

Anon

to kevinds

Shaw Cable HD PVR Receiver 160GB - REFURBISHED -- DCT3416REFURB
I don't know who warranties it or for how long.. but I still have receipt

Purchased from visions electronics...last December.

Kevinds....when shaw csr reset the box, it didn't do a darn thing.

I cant hear the HD boot, to answer your question. I'm in a wheelchair and cant get that close to the pvr...remote control only.

Really strange to see references to VCR TIMERS WHERE IT SHOULD SAY ....PVR

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

If it didn't reboot when support rebooted it, likely a signal issue. Even if the hard drive was dead, it should still reboot

VCR Timers is normal if the PVR functions are disabed for any reason, because some providers in the US that use this model, charge extra for the PVR functions, if you don't pay for the PVR, you get VCR timers

Try and ask for a service call.
rotohoto
join:2012-03-31
canada

rotohoto

Back when I had a pace box of a similar generation with an external HD, one day the USB HD died, and it started acting like the OP described.

Perhaps the HD is dead in this one.

kevinds
Premium Member
Calgary, AB

kevinds

Premium Member

Yes, but if the hard-drive was dead (or the only issue), it would still reset when Shaw tries the reset commands from their office

Larry
@24.244.29.x

Larry to saultstemari

Anon

to saultstemari
If it didn't do anything when they reset it, then the full signal isn't reaching it. You need the full signal to download the authorization for the pvr function. Without it would just show the VCR reminders. Get them to send a technician