1 edit

bgoodbody

[X1-X2] Can't get update?

On x1:
Server version: 1/35/06 (Build 5025)
Protocol Version: 2.8.0
Receiver Native Version: 1.3.0

STB: PX001AN_1.3p1s2_PRODsd

On Setting About, when I select update Version, get a message The set-top box was unable to request an updated version.

I reset box sing the Devices settings option and by unplugging the box and restarting.

Is something wrong?

MrJitters
join:2003-11-29
East Montpelier, VT

MrJitters

What is your STB version date? That is what is updated with that button works. I do not believe the button is active right now for whatever reason.
bgoodbody
Bill G
join:2002-05-08
North Truro, MA

bgoodbody

It started working here a couple of days ago and STP software updated itself over night.
Now: STB: PX001AN_1.3.1p2s1_PRODsd date 11/26/2013

I think, more or less

wolf
@comcast.net

wolf

Anon

Something happened finally last night, now have XRE Server Version = 1.36.06 12/10/2013 (STB Timestamp still reads Oct 21). One major development that resulted from this update: Guide Favorites is back! Can't tell you how happy I am about this. What a pain to previously pull up the guide & get all channels to sort through (and of course try to access ones I don't get), that was frustrating. And now all of those music & sports channels are hidden.

The first time I clicked on the Guide button a new prompt came up called "Select Your Guide View". 4 choices: All Channels, HD Channels, Premium Channels, Favorite Channels. I chose the last one & seems to be working, using the guide now only displays those channels that I set up previously as Favorites. Also clicking the Guide button once used to display the guide as a column on the right-hand side with your current program in the left-hand window. This is now gone, the guide now just opens in a full window which used to take 2 clicks. I didn't have any use for this myself so I prefer that.

Not sure what else might have changed (other than a new Help entry for Mobile devices), the Guide improvements is all I see so far.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Wolf -
That sounds awesome! The new server build hasn't hit here just yet.

wolf
@74.121.100.x

wolf

Anon

One more thing. Pressing the "C" button (I think that was the one) while in the full-page Guide also brings up a Guide View menu although not the same one that you get by pressing the Guide button twice. This menu as I recall had Favorites, but also choices based on type of content: Sports, Movies, etc. Didn't try it but presumably it only displays the channels in the Guide that match your choice although I imagine it would still show ALL channels in that category, not just the ones you can get. So that's less useful to me than Favorites which I can tweak to match my exact list.

Only problem will be keeping those Favorites up to date as new channels are added (not particularly a problem lately) & you'll never see those new channels listed in the Guide when only displaying Favorites until you mark them as Favorites. CC historically hasn't been particularly good at telling customers what's new & even when they do it can be a month or more after the fact. I believe the old guide system used to display a Favorites indicator linked to every channel in the lineup. So although it was painful you could occasionally go through the whole list to see if anything showed up that wasn't already marked as a Favorite. I guess you can do that now with X2 as well but I believe from the Guide you have to actually click into each channel's Info to see if it's set as a Favorite (painful).