spc
Search similar:

uniqs
54761437 (banned)
join:2013-01-18
Durham, NC

54761437 (banned)

Sprint

Sprint and their Softbank overlords need to GTFO with this nonsense. They're probably just trying to goose their stock price at a time when they have high churn and a substantial base of dissatisfied customers. Either way, it'll be blocked just like when AT&T tried to buy T-Mo.
xenophon
join:2007-09-17

xenophon

Re: Sprint

I'd think the Feds will only allow it when one or other is severely hurting. I guess it depends on what they consider 'severe'. Seems likely they'll merge in the end, just a matter of when. DT still seems to want out of US market according to reports.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

It would be stupid for TMO to go to CDMA when their GSM works fine and includes Wifi Calling which works unlike Sprint's AiRave products.

I don't see Sprint being able to handle a GSM network, it'd be another Nextel all over again, and more laid off employees up in Washington State after Sprint outsourced all their jobs to other countries.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

said by TBBroadband:

It would be stupid for TMO to go to CDMA when their GSM works fine and includes Wifi Calling which works unlike Sprint's AiRave products.

I don't see Sprint being able to handle a GSM network, it'd be another Nextel all over again, and more laid off employees up in Washington State after Sprint outsourced all their jobs to other countries.

They wouldn't go to CDMA. They would go to LTE since both networks are already moving in that direction. Where does this nonsensical crazy stuff come from?

With their new network architecture it would be much easier to integrate an HSPA+ network anyway if they wanted to. To say it would be a Nextel all over again is nonsense. A lot of why they had issues is because of the differing technologies. That wouldn't be an issue here.

tc1uscg
join:2005-03-09
Gulfport, MS

1 recommendation

tc1uscg

Anybody want to lay bets we may see a phone with 4 or 5 band abilities and can hand off to either without dropping calls? I would go with that before and Spent and TMO merger.
criggs
join:2000-07-14
New York, NY

2 recommendations

criggs to 34764170

to 34764170
said by 34764170:

With their new network architecture it would be much easier to integrate an HSPA+ network anyway if they wanted to. To say it would be a Nextel all over again is nonsense. A lot of why they had issues is because of the differing technologies. That wouldn't be an issue here.

You're being logical; that's your mistake. You forget this is Sprint we're talking about, the company that can screw up a wet dream.
34764170 (banned)
Etobicoke, ON

1 edit

34764170 (banned)

said by criggs:

You're being logical; that's your mistake. You forget this is Sprint we're talking about, the company that can screw up a wet dream.

Can't say as I agree and it is not a mistake. I'd rather be logical and right then emotional and wrong.

tc1uscg
Gulfport, MS

tc1uscg to criggs

to criggs
Correct.. I hired in under the ION project. 2 Billion Spent and not one customer turned up. Then, to keep our jobs, they changed our cost center at the wireline switch and just let the contractors go and kept us full timers onboard. But 10 years later, I was gone. Along with more senior techs to save money. There was even a few million spent on trying to put antenna's on our rooftops (I was a beta tester) to get a microwave shot for broad band service; however, they found out that old growth tree's were the road block. Then, here comes Nextel . Hey, to be far, Nextel was ALREADY screwed up but Sprint got blinded by the numbers (of business customers) and shelled out WAY MORE then the company was worth only to find out Nextel had a nack for fudging the churn numbers. Anyway, another few billion wasted. Then WiMax.. We won't even go there. Now, before LTE is even fully deployed, we are talking about TMobile, using some new addon to LTE called squirt or something and yada yada yada.. But they never learn and the Sprint fan boys still keep hoping. So your right about one thing. Sprint has never seen any MAJOR projects through without screwing them up at some point.
TBBroadband
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to 34764170

to 34764170
and in the meantime they kill GSM move those customers to CDMA because half of Sprint's network isn't even ready for LTE. That's the issue. They kill one network unsupported phones and other devices. Sprint is NOT ready for another network to be moved in, especially with GSM and AWS being against them.
34764170 (banned)
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

They wouldn't move those customers to their CDMA network. Your name would have to be TBBroadband to even consider that.
TBBroadband
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to 34764170

to 34764170
Sprint isn't shutting down that CDMA network anytime soon either. They have more and more customers on that network every day thanks to their MVNO partners. And the more and more customers TMO signs-up they gotta put them somewhere. And that's what Sprint does- they move those to CDMA until they have a plan for them- just like they did Nextel. Where you one of those customers that were told to either migrate over or lose your service? I bet not.

And until Network Vision is even fully built Sprint would be back to running several networks again! Something the world knows Sprint CAN NOT DO!
54761437 (banned)
join:2013-01-18
Durham, NC

54761437 (banned)

What I don't understand about Sprint is why they don't more effectively use their wireline network (which they own, compared to T-Mobile which rents bandwidth from tier 1 providers) to improve their cell network. EVDO sucks, yes, but if they did this in tandem with LTE it'd be a different story. The fact that Sprint invested so much money in WiMax is still hurting them, anyway.

cb14
join:2013-02-04
Miami Beach, FL

1 recommendation

cb14 to xenophon

to xenophon
DT is getting out of the US market by dramatically reducing their TMO share ownership. They are, for the time being, still the controlling share holder but TMO is not any more their subsidiary.
I am a happy TMO customer and a take over by Sprint would be almost as disastrous as by AT&Tea.

graycorgi
Premium Member
join:2004-02-23

graycorgi to xenophon

Premium Member

to xenophon
Depends what party the next administration is. If it's the corporate party, then it will get rubber stamped. If it is the slightly less corporate party (the one we have now) then there may be a couple hoops to jump through for show.
TBBroadband
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband to xenophon

to xenophon
TMO is actually doing fine though. Sprint is the one still bleeding. They need to drop their brand and start all over again to get over that problem.

tc1uscg
Gulfport, MS

tc1uscg to 54761437

to 54761437
Bingo!