Search similar:

uniqs

Ctrl Alt Del
Premium Member
join:2002-02-18

Ctrl Alt Del

Premium Member

Need for Speed Network account

My friend brought his PS4 over to my place and I want to use the Need for Speed Network app on my phone for the OverWatch feature. While my friend races in the game, I can use the app to give him benefits in the game (repair car, more boost, etc).

So I downloaded the Need for Speed Network app on my phone, created an Origin account, and try to sign in on my phone. But then I get an error saying "NO GAME DATA DETECTED. You have not played Need for Speed Rivals on your console or PC. Play now to join the rivalry."

Problem is, my friend is signed into his PSN account and his Origin account on his PS4. I don't have a PSN account (as I don't own a PS), and just created my Origin account. I tried signing out of his PSN account, signing in as a Guest, then fired up Need for Speed. But when I go through the in game menus, the option to sign into Origin is blocked. Do I have to create a PSN account as well? Anyone else done anything with this before I go creating a bunch of accounts just trying to enable this damn feature?

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

With the Xbox you have to have to have the game running for Overwatch to work.

Ctrl Alt Del
Premium Member
join:2002-02-18

Ctrl Alt Del

Premium Member

My friend can sign into NFS Network even when his PS4 is off. You are just assigned 6 random "Rivals" that you can help or hinder.

When his PS4 is turned on, a popup asks if you want to connect to the PS4 game.