antdude
Matrix Ant
Premium Member
join:2001-03-25
US

antdude

Premium Member

Firefox 27 Looks to Boost Web Security

»www.eweek.com/enterprise ··· ity.html from »www.linuxtoday.com/secur ··· ity.html

TLS, iframes, etc.
Frodo
join:2006-05-05

2 recommendations

Frodo

When Firefox decides to go multiprocess, with rendering processes running at a lower integrity level, then there will be a marked increase in security.

Iframe sandboxing is an interesting technology. But unless the browser prevents content in an iframe to run scripts, popup windows and so forth unless there is a sandbox directive to do so, I don't see it as that big of a deal yet, since, absent the sandbox, an Iframe has free reign. But it is a step in the right direction.

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

therube to antdude

to antdude
Q: How does IFrame blocking work

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

siljaline to antdude

Premium Member

to antdude
Botnet forces infected Firefox users to hack the sites they visit
quote:
Investigative journalist Brian Krebs has uncovered an unusual botnet that forces infected PCs to scour websites for security vulnerabilities that can cough up proprietary data or be exploited in drive-by malware attacks.
»arstechnica.com/security ··· y-visit/
Velnias
join:2004-07-06

Velnias

And again Windows only version. How disappointing. Why these racists cant learn, that almost all Linux users use Firefox.

( end sarcasm )

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium Member
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC

siljaline

Premium Member

/sarcasm noted though we can't all run Linux
Velnias
join:2004-07-06

1 recommendation

Velnias

No no - don't really blame the messenger. Just I'm sure, for smart people whose hunt malware and does all that windows-fu, its easy to install and run popular Linux. Just saying.

Nontechnical Linux:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· HdcmjenI

therube
join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD

therube to siljaline

to siljaline
Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant (malware) has been blocked for your protection.

"This is not the Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant created and distributed by Microsoft. It is a malicious extension that is distributed under the same name to trick users into installing it, and turns users into a botnet that conducts SQL injection attacks on visited websites."

(Though some may say the MS version is malware too .)